Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost transfer from one project to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Kindly guide...

Cost Pertaining to Capital project to be captured as Expense project based on Managements decision. eg. Management decides to change an existing capital project as expense project and settle the total cost as Expense.

Thanks in advance

Sujit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depends on what stage is the project in right now.

Did the project incur actual?

Has settlement happened i.e, did any project costs settle to asset?

If answer is yes, I would suggest to reverse the settlement entries, Repost the cost to the Expense project (Ex., KB11N), close the Capital project.

Above are my views, let us see others.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas

Thanks for your reply. I will check let u know.

Another thing is previously settlement rule working fine. now I dont know whats happens its not working.

While creating settlement rule with cat. fxa and receiver auc its throw a error ""You can not post to asset 127000004 0 (investment support measure)

"

kindly guide

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Receiver asset you are trying to use seems to have been created as AUC (asset class) as result of WBS which had Investment profile.

You can't manually maintain a rule using AUC asset in this case.

If the WBS is having investment profile assigned onto it, when you release this WBS, AUC is automatically created and so is the settlement rule. The settlement rule (with FXA as receiver, AUC) will be visible after your 1st settlement run.

Once you think the Capital project is complete, you create a completed asset and settle AUC to Asset. This is the time where you maintain/see a 2nd rule on the WBS with receiver as asset.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas

Again thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes U are absolutely right first time we need not to maintain settlement rule.

Here I have another queries:

1. How would I settle cost of level 3 wbs element to AUC?

should I have to first settle to level -2 wbs element ? But again while releasing it aslo created AUC for all levels so what to do with level -3 wbs element auc? Kindly guidle how to settle to AUC. Here I am not using network.

2. I created Service PO with WBSE assignment , Cost Center and G/L assignemnt. While I doing CJ88 first time to settle to cost AUC its give me on error " Field Cost Center is a required filed for G/L account 1000 400362"

400362 is service G/L.

Kindly guide me asap.

Thanks for your kind support.

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check my responses below:

1. How would I settle cost of level 3 wbs element to AUC?

should I have to first settle to level -2 wbs element ? But again while releasing it aslo created AUC for all levels so what to do with level -3 wbs element auc? Kindly guidle how to settle to AUC. Here I am not using network.

I would suggest you to have AUC at 2nd level alone and settle the level 3 WBS's to level 2 WBS. If the settlement is yet to be carried out, you can delete the AUC that was created for level 3 WBS by deleting the Investment profile in it. After deletion you can maintain a rule saying that settle this level 3 WBS to level 2 WBS which inturn settles to AUC.

2. I created Service PO with WBSE assignment , Cost Center and G/L assignemnt. While I doing CJ88 first time to settle to cost AUC its give me on error " Field Cost Center is a required filed for G/L account 1000 400362" 400362 is service G/L

I think the in the field status group of this GL, cost centre field is made as mandatory (additional account assignement) , you can make this as optional or supress. I would tell you to take help/consult of your team FI guys for doing this.

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas

Hi! How r u?

Again I have need a clarification while settlement.

How can I settle Internal Activity cost to AUC?

See I created one network and also Internal Activity.

In Internal Activity assigned hours and confirmed it.

Than I settle Network to WBSE... its work perfect.

But when I settle WBSE to AUC its give error...

"Define a settlement cost element for receiver type FXA".

See WBSE to AUC working fine for Service activity, and Stock and non stock material assigned.

Even Checked allocation structue everything is fine.

For Internal Activity I used Secondary Cost element.

Hope U get it my requirement.

Kindly reply asap.

Thanks in advance.

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case you are trying to move out the secondary cost on the WBS to FXA, you always need a settlement cost element for doing this.

In the allocation structure>Settlement Cost Elements, must have a settlement cost element (Category 22) for receiver category FXA. (i.e., by cost element wouldn't work here). This is irrespective of you using network activities.

Take the help of FI/CO for creating the settlement cost element.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (0)