SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implemented CO-PA (Profitability Analysis)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if anyone has implemented Controlling - Profitability Analysis for a IS-Uitilities customer? I have some specific questions on this topic and would appreciate if someone could answer them.

Raj

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, we have implemented COPA in my previous ISU Proj

Let me know your questions

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Sorry for hijacking an answered question, but I would also like to know the same. Can you please let us know if you have implemented CO-PA in a IS-U setup and where?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are looking for documentation on CO-PA integration, you can find the cookbook in SAP Service Marketplace, under Product Information for  Industry Solutions Utilities.

The cookbook is under Billing and invoicing "Cookbooks&Guidelines".

Although it relates to IS-U 4.64, it will give an idea of the concepts.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ivor. I have the cookbook already. I actually wanted to know which companies are using CO-PA with IS-U. SAP is not able to find this out. We have started this on our project (A utilities company in New Zealand) and was interested in the reference sites for information purposes. Also it would help to exchange information.

Regards

Jayshree

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor

Re: Implementation: ISU Biling COPA Integration

Excuse me Ivor Martin for jumping on the bandwagon, I am in the process of implementing ISU Biling COPA Integration. I do have the cookbook but it does not clarify certain things i would like you to help me with as follows:

1.Operating concern

I am busy widentifying  characteristics to use from Billing document. My question is should I set up Opconcern as in pure COPA,i.e working from reporting structure & subsequent derivation of e.g profit center?

I would like to be certain about this. Please advice me also with any other information you dem relevant.

2.I would also like to know about the pros and cons of transferring updates if that is ok with you.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Manette,

When you set up your Characteristics and Values (e.g. Charactistic  "Rate category" , and Value "Amount") then you would be able to report on those in Controlling reports.

The Profit Center in IS-U can  allocated/configured  at the CO Account Assignment in IS-U configuration, so I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say"subsequent derivation of Profit Center" .

You can slice and dice based on the Characteristics you define, the values that you wish to measure for those characteristics.

Regards,

Ivor M.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor

I have addressed these issues now, I'd also like to know how many or which characteristics( for the installation) to use e.g, I have Rate Category,Rate Type,Billing Class & location). I'm not sure how deep to go.By the way I'm a CO consultant so ISU Billing is quite new to me.Please help. Another question is, the client is usin New GL. What is the implication for PCA and COPA?

Kind reg