cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

Can any one tell me how call function module from SAP?

Basically this function module genarates XML data.Now i need to capture this XML in data in XI.

So I imported RFC function module from SAP in IR.what other configuration is required in XI to see XML data in XI?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

You need to configure a Sender RFC adapter in your Integration Directory.

Check the following link for configuring sender RFC adapter,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer...

Can you please tell me how i get acknowledgement back to SAP from XI...wether it is success or not????

Thanks..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there are two wayt to do it:

- one - sync call RFC - this way you get a standard response from your RFC (so you know if it was successful or not)

- acync rfc - the use of correlation

if you can correlate your RFC call you can get an acync response (you have to use BPM to do it)

so if you get an async response you'll know the status of your RFC call

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michel...

Here i'm putting my question in other way like..

I wanted to notify any of the SAP user...

Is there any config is required for that?

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

I am not sure of what your requirement is, but if you want to notify a particular person, then maybe you can try configuring a mail adapter to handle the response and send it as an email to the appropriate user's email id.

cheers

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello..

i have one more question...

If i wanted to see xml data in XI ..i don't think i need anyy message interfaces kind of stuff in IR...i'm i correct???

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

Your RFC can be directly used as the source in your interface mapping.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sameer..

But i think it will ask for message mapping program name...right??? what can i use in message mapping i.e source and target???? so far i haven't done with RFC function modules...

If you have any step by step process u can send it to me...

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

I need a quick clarification before offering a suggestion. I understood one part of your scenario correctly, i.e you will execute an RFC from your R/3 and that goes into XI and then what shd XI do with that RFC from then on. Convert it to a flat file or what?.

In the scenario that i have done, i make a synchronous RFC call which goes and talks to a BC server in a format that BC accepts, and then the response is mapped to the format of the RFC-response and updated back in R/3.

cheers

Sameer

If you are doing a test scenario, there is a weblog on file to RFC using BPM,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Maybe this will be off some help.

Message was edited by: Sameer Shadab

Answers (0)