cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heloo,

I want to turn off and turn on communcaitin channels automatically either via scripts or java code. I know I can do this job manually via runtime work bench. I wonder if there are any examples or some helpful tips on how to script or write java program to control communication channels.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a similar blog that might help you on the issue, but this totally relies on your implementation talents:

Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokhan,

Thank you for the respose. I lokked at the URL you provided and have following question.

When you type following URL in the browser you get pop window to enter username and password.

http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=action

My question is if you want to by pass typing username and password, can we make username and password as part of URL? If this is possible How the URL looks like? I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of either scripts or java code to control the communication channel automatically.

The communication channel can be controlled by availability times. You plan availability times for communication channels to enable them to be started and stopped automatically instead of manually.

Please go through below link form more details,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

In SP19. From SP 19 scheduling of adapters is possible. For the communication channels that have "automatically" means they are scheduled.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 26, 2008 7:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

THank you fro the response. I have already scheduled several communication chaneels automatically with availablity times. However during maintenance period we need to shut down all channels and restart all channels after all servers back and running.

Based on the need I am looking for some kind of automatic shut down and restart communication channels either via scheduling or scripting or java code. I looked at automatic scheduling on how to shut down all communication channels and restart. I could not figure out.

I hope I exaplained my situation little more clear. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

you want make the communication channel to be automatic shut down and restart means,

u have to use shell scripts provided XI server working under UNIX OS.

in file adapter, we have two options.

1. OS command before message processing

2.OS command after message processing.

so, please try in that way.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Thank you for the response. I am not sure on how to use scripts to stop and start communciation channels. If you have an example please provide me.

Thank you,

Balaji