cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a source structure and target structure are same ,like below...

source_structure

Info

field1

field2

field3

ActualData

field4

field5

field6

Trailer

field7

field8

field9

The Info node and Trailer node appears only once i.e., their occurence is 1 ,but the ActualData node can appear any number of times i.e., its occurence is 0..Unbounded

simply, the source and target structure occurences are,

Node Occurence

-

-

Info 1

ActualData 0..Unbounded

Trailer 1

I have mapped the corresponding nodes and fields in source and target.I need the output in .txt ,so i will b using a File Adapter with File Content Conversion.

Please,tell me how to configure my File Adapter .

My output structure is :

field1field2field3

field4field5field6

field7field8field9

please specify all the parameters in File Adapter.

Thanks,

mvk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check some links on FCC at sender and as well as receiver side

File content conversion sites

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Redards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through these links..

File Receiver with Content Conversion

Sdn help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chirag,

I dont have a source file. My data comes from a proxy and at the receiver side a text file should be generated.

My receiver format is not seperated by commas, its a fixed length.

so for this i have taken String as the data type in IR. Am I correct.

Thanks,

mvk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have sepcified that my scenario is Proxy to File and u require the FCC at receiver end only.

Have u populated the source strucutre which is u have specified in ur thread.

Just refer the Receiver file content conversion.

Refer below thread:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/08/03/file-adapter-receiver--are-we-really-sure-about-the-concepts

also refer the below help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

use the NameA.fieldFixedLengths in the FCC and give the element length.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to use the Kye field vbalue in File adapter. How ur data is coiming in file is it fixed length or separated by commas.

what is the key value in the file test data which will tell u whether its a header data or trailer data.

Can u ples provide me the test file.

Just refer the below FCC for the same.

Key value: this is what u have to do in file adapter.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter -

Refer other FCC configuration:

Also I would like to know the receiver file format also.

Thnx

Chirag