cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with printing footer of table in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have created a table in a window in Smartforms. I need to put in the totals at the footer of the table, displaying these values only at the end of the page. The problem I have encountered is that the footer prints immediately after the line of the main area. The form i'm printing right now is pre-printed, so I need to write the footer at a specified area.

Let's say my table accommodates 20 lines. The footer must be written immediately after the 20th line. If, on the last page, there are only 10 lines, the footer must still print on the area after the 20th line.

Really need your help guys, i'm hoping for a quick response. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the replies! I appreciate it very much!

I have already found the solution to my problem, it seems that there is a lot more to know about smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share your solution?

I'm facing a similar problem...

Thanks,

Carlos

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so do I . perhaps a withdrawn of points to persons who say they got the sollution but don't want to share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have to work around with the table who's data you are printing in the ,loop.

You have to see that after which loop count the footer is coming to right place.

Then after getting the loop count, you have to append the table with blank lines to come to that loop count.

Now every time it will print the footer on the same place.

Regards

Sukhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to put both the main area and the footer in the same loop because there is a field where, when changed, it must page-break. The fields/values in the main area and the footer are all part of a sub-table that depends on a field of a bigger table.

my smartform looks like this:

Loop at header table.

if order number changes, start new page.

loop at table x.

main area - print items of the table where order_number = header_table-order_number.

footer - print totals of the table where order_number = header_table-order_number.

Endloop

So you see, i need to place the footer inside the loop also. It's the only way I know to work around this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case then dont define footer in the main window .

Define another window (Sedondary window) at the specified palce . and it will definately resolve the problem.

footer of the main window will always display the contents immediately after the main window. you cant manipulate that.

Reward Points if useful

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswar,

Thanks very much for your answer, but I have also thought of that too. But I cant create a new window for the footer because I created a loop where both the main area and the footer must be under it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the footer window right . Is footer window data flowing ?. As you said you need to print it in the bottom right? then why do you need to put it in the loop.

If you have calculations then you can define varaibles seperately to store the calculation and print it in the footer of last page .

Otherwise download the form and send it to my id I will fix it send it back

Regards,

Nageswar