cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help my sync mode background job has been running for DAYS

erin_stone
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have checked the SLD the connectors are fine. the performance tuning is fine. I tested against 3 other systems (sandbox dev and a quality system) and had not issue like this.

Now I get to production and the job runs and runs and runs......

anyone have issues with jobs running for days and days?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you figure out your issue, PLEASE let us know how you did, instead of just saying "I fixed this". I'm also experiencing this issue. My background sync jobs go on for more than a day before aborting. Could you please tel me the parameters you adjusted to fix this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello William,

Please see my next message

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello William,

Please ask your SAP BASIS to apply the following notes

Note 1044174 - Recommendation for CC 5.x running on Oracle 10G Database

Note 1121978 - Recommended settings to improve performance risk analysis

Note 1044173 - Recomended Netweaver Setting for Access Control 5.x

Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0

Once you applied all of the above SAP notes.Please ask your SAP DBA/BASIS to do the following actions:

truncate table virsa_cc_prmvl;

This is the table which stores all the analysis results.

Execute stats on all virsa_cc* tables.

Example: exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats ('SAPSR3DB',VIRSA_CC_PRMVL);

This will resolve your CC performance issues.

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to have my BASIS team apply these notes to resolve this very same performance opportunity, but want to ensure they worked? What performance enhancements can be seen after applying these notes? How long should it take to run a background batch analysis? In addition to this issue, does anyone know the disk space requirements?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have enough J2EE-Database server threads and that tere is sufficient memory allocated to the the J2EE engine.

Also check the timeouts for the JCOs are set to seconds not msecs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We are facing the same problem as Erin mentioned above. We are running backgroung jobs to analyse users against our rules and it is taking forever (more than one minute per user, 9.000 users in total). Our feeling is that the problem lies in the R/3 backend, however we were wondering whether you could let us know what should we check / what setting do we need to verify / how to improve performance.

Thank you very much in advance.

erin_stone
Explorer
0 Kudos

I answered it myself

erin_stone
Explorer
0 Kudos

turned out to be some settings on the backend and server paraemeters needed updated.