Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have few doubts in TR(transport req)

1)Lets say i create few order types and saved it.

Will the req get saved in a single TR for all the order types.

Is it that a parent TR(x) will contain all the change req for the order types.

What is the logic behind having a TR(x) and under it an Sub req(x+1).

If i not release (x) and only release (X+1) sub req can i use X again.

Please explain me

Montee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monti,

Under a single Transport Request, all ur changes will be recorded. these recorded changes are called as Tasks. when u are going to transport these TR, u need to transport TR (X) also along with the tasks (X+1).

U can only import TR; not the tasks directly. Thus u need to release the transport request (X) vide SE01 and again u can import to another client vide STMS provided it has been configured.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayan,

Thnks for the answer.

Still have one doubt 1)if i want transfer a change from let say DEV to QLTY, do i need to transfer the TR(X) or can i transfer only the task(X+1), and use the request for further changes.

2) if lets say i created an pricing procedure,ctypes, access sequence.....etc. and an accounting detmination procedure

-

Can i save all these changes under one (TR).

-

Lets say i had saved all the changes under one TR and now only want to transport Accounting detmination change from DEV to QTY and not the Pricing procedure change.

Is it possible?.

Please guide me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my knowledge goes->

answer to first question-No u cannot transfer only task, u need to transfer TR.

Answer to second question->

Can i save all these changes under one (TR).-->

u can save all the custamized mapping in same custamized TR...but example that u have given in that access seq is cross client so it will ask for workbench request which will be different from custamization request

another thing...Once u save all the changes under one TR , u cannot do like the example that u have given "tranport accounting detemination and not pricing"

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.u hav to transfer fist the sub task and then main task, means task X and task X+1 then only the complete cycle ends.

2.yes it is possible by creating another request and copy the request in this regard u neeed basis help , click on the subtask u get the list of modifications u hav done and then do like that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monty.

There is a process in place to transport changes.

When you make a change in config a transport request is created ( in your langurage x) along with a customizing task (x+1).

So all you changes are saved in the customizing task. When you wanna transport changes to the say quality/Test environment. You need to release the task(x+1) first and then the request (x) itself from the Devp environment. Then next step would be to import the changes into the test. Here you import only the request. (Task comes automatically).

so it is not possible to make some changes in one requset, release the task and u wanna make some more changes in the request and etc.....

Hope its clears you doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to transport only changes related to account determainatio...

Answers (0)