Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap security administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i get the study material of ADM960

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<removed_by_moderator>

thanks,

Mukesh

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 25, 2008 7:51 PM

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gajanan,

You have to register for the course.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a class room course so contact your local SAP training centre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<removed_by_moderator>

thanks,

Mukesh

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 25, 2008 7:51 PM

0 Kudos

What a great way to leave an audit trail of those blatantly selling and buying copyrighted material.........

0 Kudos

Hello Mukesh,

Looks as if SAP's lawyers are fast... even on Friday evenings

I will be removing the link (and idea) so that both are gone from here as well...

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for removing the link if it was not appropriate.

I think SAP should sell the Certification material to stop this sort of piracy.

Mukesh

0 Kudos

>

> I think SAP should sell the Certification material to stop this sort of piracy.

They already do, it comes with the courses. I fail to see how selling it separately will stop piracy.

There will always be people who are not willing to pay for goods or services at all and lowering the price will not change that......

0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I cannot answer your question, as I don't own any document, sorry. SAP zapped the target of your link in less than an hour so I removed the link here, as it served no purpose.

I can however comment, that I could imagine SAP are thankfull for you to have pointed this illegal commercial activity out to them (via SDN). You can also send such information directly to SAP.

In fact, those might have been false documents which contain bad advise. So be carefull.

Regarding "free documentation": In addition to help.sap.com, service.sap.com and sdn.sap.com, there is an excellent document on the applications and some of the kernel... which is release and component dependent (even customer implementation specific at the end of the document!). The index of the document is table TADIR...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julous and Mukesh

Acctually i have 2+ years of hands on experience in SAP SECURITY now i want to be certify. thays why asked the PDF of ADM960 to brush up my Knowledge

Thanks

Gajanan

0 Kudos

And the pdf is only legitimately available to those who have gone on the SAP course - it is supplementary material to the classroom teaching.

0 Kudos

Am I right in saying that you already have ADM 940/950?

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I don't think SAP does not know that their copy right material is availalbe in the market. Ebay is big company and there are many companies and private insititutes are giving the copy right material for small amount of money. That's why I told that if SAP sell the Ceritificate Material without joining the classes (as it is very expensive) people will not try to attempt to sell copy right material like this. See link below of Ebay you can get anything you want including software which is I knon for sure you can not sell.

Removed Link By Mukesh

Thanks,

Mukesh

Edited by: Mukesh Trivedi on Jan 29, 2008 11:00 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Without turning this thread into a discussion about fraudulent materials and ethical use of those materials, even if SAP sold the materials for a reasonable sum, they would still get copied and sold for less. People would still download and buy them for < the SAP rate.

As someone who in involved in interviewing and recruiting people, it's a dilemma. I see someone that is apparently certified which I can take to mean that they have at least a basic hands on experience of SAP. I can also assume that they have spent approximately 8 days in classroom based training where they learn about far more than just answering a relatively small number of questions in an e-test. By removing the need to attend the classes (though I believe there is dispensation for appropriate experience) then you are potentially reducing the bar for that certification.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I think you are right this will lead to discussion. Let's stop and I can say those who want to study, SAP has really nice website where you can get all help.

help.sap.com

where I more often read the necessary topics. Also on SDN we have eLeraning section which is really good but still need to add more topics on Newtweaver and BW and Security Administration (so on) which can be learn by beginners.

Thanks,

Mukesh

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Alex,

>

> I think you are right this will lead to discussion. Let's stop and I can say those who want to study, SAP has really nice website where you can get all help.

>

> help.sap.com

>

> where I more often read the necessary topics. Also on SDN we have eLeraning section which is really good but still need to add more topics on Newtweaver and BW and Security Administration (so on) which can be learn by beginners.

>

> Thanks,

> Mukesh

I couldn't agree more

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I guess everything has been said - I hope you're ok with closing that thread now before it gets more 'creative'

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajanan,

The certification material will not be available anywhere. As this is the copy right material of SAP, this is provided to those who undergo the course and class room trainig. this is given as suppliment to the class room training.

0 Kudos

my colleague already spoke to SAP India they told him that training has been stoped only we could do the certification

0 Kudos

Maybe you should speak to SAP Education in India yourself, it doesn't sound right that they are no longer doing the courses. The Netweaver Security Admin track requires a a number of courses.

I can't see how they can offer the certification route without the classroom training.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It would be unfortunate if you could not book the cours, I'd suggest contacting SAP Education to solve this Catch 22.

In any case, PDF versions of the trainings are NEVER given out, attendees receive a paper version.

This thread may give you an indication why that is te case.

Frank.

0 Kudos

>

> In any case, PDF versions of the trainings are NEVER given out, attendees receive a paper version.

Non-SAP employee trainers get the paper version too