cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have my main servers in the USA and my German Client is creating the orders, howcome the system is proposing tommorrow's date in the Schedule Lines.

BTW how are Schedule lines determined? I know that it is thru MRP Type + Item category.

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it actually does not matter geographically in which place the servers and end user terminals are located since they all connect to the servers from wherever they are.

You may the material master if any replinishment lead times are mentioned that its proposing tomorrow s date for the Sch. line. As you said, SL cat is determined by item cat + MRP type.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

To answer Mr. Sadhu's question that in my Material Master the Total Replinsh. Time is "0" and to answer Mr. Srinivasan's mail wherein in VOV8 also the time maintained is "0" but still the system is proposing some other date in Schedule Lines.

Can anyone clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question from where the sales is happening to customer i mean the plant supplying the goods to customer.

What ever may be the case.

It works as below

Sale order with schedule line is 18.02.2008, this means the order quantity can be delivered to cusotmer on this date.

This date is determined based on Material availability date.

System provides the confirmed date by calculating backword scheduling from the date customer wants the good at place i.e devlivery date. ( it calculates all the dates like material availability date, transportation planning date, loading, picking, packing and transit time to reach customer). then give confirmed delivery or schedule line.

For example schedule is on i.e 18/02/2008.

You create delivery after this due date. This means all the activities are carried out for this delivery for this reason you can create delivery with PGI.

( The system is operated by user (business) to just replicate the actual process happening in the business)

Kindly reward points if useful.

Regards

vK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas

Along with other things, Also please check the transporation lead time.

regards

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As said earlier in this forum...

you can use the transaction vov8, under the lead requested delivery date section check the field lead time in days...?If you have say 1 here then for a sales order created today the requested delivery date will be current date+1 day.

hope it helps,

srinivasan.