cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File associations within ITS / WAS ... jpg, gif, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ... I'm finding is that when you click on a jpg attachment in the portal, it does NOT use the local windows file associations to determine what program to open the file with. However, once you select a program to open the file, the portal will continue to use that program, regardless of what the Windows defaults are. In this case I'm using a SAP GUI for HTML transaction Iview (QA33) in NW 2007s SP12 and IE 6.0. Although this is SAP GUI for HTML, it does fire off a Java applet when I display attachments (using classes Download.class and Execute.class among others). Where is this file association information stored? In the portal? Browser? JVM? Java stack? I know it is a client specific setting somewhere because different programs launch on different workstations. I'd like to be able to modify and/or set defaults for this association ... any help greatly appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timothy,

I think you may be referring to the ITS download and file type association. Please see note 1058218 for more information about this and the execookie.txt file. Thanks.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is exactly what I was looking for ... thank you very much .. FYI, the note that you refer to also references note 554492 which gives more detail. Problem solved ... thanks again!!

Answers (0)