cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM ignores Extended Safety Stock Methods (like BS, BT etc...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Do you have any idea how CTM uses this Extended \Safety stock? I have generated the safety stock by creating the profile. However when I execute my CTM planning run, the CTM engine ignores the safety stock values created by the profile. The safety stock value is respected by CTM if I change the safety stock method to standard SB in product master and builds the value maintained in product master, but fails if I use any of the extended methods (BS, BT etc....)

I have already gone throught the several SAP notes on this topics & SAP help. I have created a planning book & macros identical to 9ASNP_SSP planning book and tried making SAFTY/ 9ASAFETY keyfigure available to CTM in customizing but still no success.

Am I missing something? Any helpful inputs will be highly appreciated & rewarded.

Regards,

Srinidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi.

Some initial questions I would check:

Are you executing the Safety Stock Planning run (trans. /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB)?

Do you get results from the Safety Stock Planning run?

Are these results populating in the SAFTY key figure?

Hope this helps.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas & Percx,

Thanks for your replies.

Srinivas - We have not implemented Heuristics and only use CTM. Not tried with Heuristics. The CTM engine does recognise the standard safety stock method SB and generates stock accordingly. However when I change the master data settings, generate safety stock and then execute the CTM, it ignores safety stock values & satisfies only the demand. I have made a copy of 9ASNP05 for extended safety stock and created the planning book for this.

Percx - Yes, I did execute the /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB run and it executed successfully. The safety stock values are calculated beautifully and populated in the planning book.The results are generated for 9ASAFETY(Safety Stock Planned) key figure and are copied correctly to Safety Stock (SAFTY) key figure.

The problem is, when I excute CTM, it ignores these results and generates stock only for Total Demand. It recognises SS if I use standard method SB and generates stock accordingly.

I have done all the necessary settings such as:

- Master Data settings in product master.

- Created a copy of 9ASNP05 planning area and created a planning book for this. Then I imported all relevant macros from 9ASNP_SSP planning book

- I even included the 9ASAFETY and SAFTY key figures available for CTM in customizing.

Not sure whether I'm missing anything here? Have you been able to use this Extended Safety Stock in CTM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi.

Another thing to check.

Have you assigned the key figure to the Safety Stock function?

You say you have created a copy planning area. Default customizing will have 9ASAFETY assigned to Safety Stock function for 9ASNP05 planning area but not your copy planning area.

Rgds, M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Percx,

9ASAFETY is assigned to the SS function 3003 in my copy planning area. Even the other key SAFTY, which I had to add in planning book has been assigned to that 3003 SS function in the planning book.

9ASAFETY was available as deault & assigned to 3003 when I made copy of 9ASNP05. But SAFTY was not available & so I had to add in planning book & assign the SS function.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi.

Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. I was not referring to the Key Figure function in the planning area design.

What I was referring to was CTM customising in SPRO "Make SNP Key Figures Available" where you assign planning area key figures to CTM functions.

Hope this helps.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have made that 'Make SNP Key Figures Available' setting for the planning area. I tried making 9ASAFETY and SAFTY keyfigures available but still did not work.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi.

OK, one last thing and then I am stumped.

In CTM customizing -> Define Global Values and Default Values -> ATP Categories tab.

Enter the planning area you are using for your Safety Stock key figure.

I'm guessing you are aware (but others might want to know) that when you run the master data check in the CTM profile you can double click the location/product and select the Safety stock tab to see if the values are being read.

I have this working.

Hope this helps and good luck, M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi percx,

The planning area in that CTM customizing is a differnet one. But I thought when we enter the planning area in the CTM profile, it overides the entry maintained in CTM customizing mentioned by you. Let me try it though. I will let you know the result.

When I execute the master data check in CTM profile, the safety stock tab is blank when I choose the extended SS method (say BS). However, if I select SB, this tab gets populated. I guess this is the error due to which the CTM engine is ignoring my extended safety stock values.

Let me try entering the planning area in CTM customization & shall let you know.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi percx,

Finally got it. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Initially it did not work after I added my planning area in the customizing mentioned by you, even though the CTM master data check recognized the safety stock. I then raised an OSS call with SAP and got the solution. In addition, we need to add an parameter SSTOCK_MODE Value1 "X" ,

Value2 "X" in the CTM profile. My CTM profile had different values instead of X and hence it did'nt work earlier.

Thanks a lot for your help mate.

cheers,

Srinidhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things to check

- Is Heuristics on the SSP book, using extended SSP run values?..this will confirm that extended SSP setups are ok

- Is CTM using standard safety stock strategies like time-phsed Days of Supply ?..this will confirmCTM is setup correctly

If both are happening, I would recommend you try to use copy of the SSP related planning area and create copy of standard CTM book in the area