cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-\\srvr\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL could not be opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have changed our windows domain......now when we try to release a request from dev, there is an error...When I try to distribute the system config from STMS, i get this message

File
dev\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL could not be opened for writing (Permission denied)"

Also, I cannot access DIR_TRANS from AL11...I get this message

Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir(,,..)

From STMS, I also tried to do a check on transport directory and transport tool, but this also shows error. Is there any place where we have to replace the old windows domain name with the new domain name.........

Can someone please help me urgently...

Thanks

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I had the same problem, and I found this thread, but there is no right answer. I am not sure if you still have this problem, but I am updating only for reference.

I resolved this issue by changing the security permission on X:\usr\sap directory. At the first, I changed only share folder permission, but it wasn't working. After I changed the permission under the security tab, it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that the TRANS_DIR parameter was not set. So we set that and also did some parameter changes and then restarted the system. This took care of the issue.

Sorry Cannot give points to anyone

Thanks everyone for your help

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After checking permissions, I would suggest do the following.

1. whenever you change your domain, you must reboot all of your server.

2. change domain in all of your systems. especially in your landscape.

3. configure STMS again. Delete and configre it agian.

4. rz10> import your profile from active server...etc...

It should work after words..

Please feel free to revert back.

Thanks,

P.S> please check work/log..directory... for any errors.

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

It is very possible that the share
dev\sapmnt doesn't have the permission for 'write'. The share
dev\sapmnt is usually pointing to 'drive:\usr\sap'. Check the authorization for the share in the properties of the directory and enable the 'write' permission.

Regards,

Joseph Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you lost the mounted transport directory. Check the share settings on the server that hosts the shared directory and make sure the remote system can read and write to the share. Further details can be found in the install guide.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO US

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Joe.

This is windows server 2003. i can see that the shared drive is available. is there anything else that i need to check....or am i missing something here....

vishal