cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization continued

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I get other errors when clicking Synchronize in the table context menu. A path issue ????

Error initializing

Event log details

-

:com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.initConMetaData(SyncManUIPlugin.java:307]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getSecurityProvider(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1777)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.initConMetaData(SyncManUIPlugin.java:290)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.internalGetConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:268)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:262)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.syncWizard(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1507)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.action.AddToSyncAction.run(AddToSyncAction.java:33)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.actions.BaseResourceAction.run(BaseResourceAction.java:163)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:254)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1085)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3164)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2840)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ToolsUIApplication.run(ToolsUIApplication.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

and error

Error creating a message server

Event logdetails

-

:com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getSecurityProvider(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1774]

java.lang.Exception: SdbEnvironment: Could not get Independent Program Path.

at com.sap.sdb.bootstrap.SdbEnvironment.<init>(SdbEnvironment.java:47)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getJarUrls(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1636)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getSecurityProvider(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1771)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.initConMetaData(SyncManUIPlugin.java:290)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.internalGetConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:268)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:262)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.syncWizard(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1507)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.action.AddToSyncAction.run(AddToSyncAction.java:33)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.actions.BaseResourceAction.run(BaseResourceAction.java:163)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:254)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1085)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3164)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2840)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ToolsUIApplication.run(ToolsUIApplication.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There seems to be indeed a path problem.

Could you first check some preferences of Database Studio

On Windows I use the security API from SUN which is the default value in the preferences.

On which operating system do you run Database Studio?

Please check the value in Window->Preferences->Database Studio->Synchronization->Security Provider Library.

The error message "Could not get Independent Program Path." shows that the call

dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPPROGPATH fails.

Can you execute "dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPPROGPATH" from command line and post what error occurs?

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

Thanks, I found out that my env variables were not set, so I executed in my bash session the bash session. This solved the INDEP PATH problem.

PRODTESTSRV1:/opt/sdb/programs # dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPPROGPATH

OK

/opt/sdb/programs

I further got another error after that complaining that there was no j2ee.jar file in

/var/opt/sdb/data/app/syncman/extern/

So i created a symbolic link to this location, and that solved the problem as wel.

Now I get complaints about jce.jar file. Where exactly does it needs to be ????

Also in the /var/opt/sdb/data/app/syncman/extern/ directory ?

Thanks for your great help,

Herman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herman,

the cryptography functionality that is used is provided in the jce.jar file in the SUN JDK.

What JDK do you use on your platform?

You can use a different implementation and put the file name in Window->Preferences->Database Studio->Synchronization.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

I'm running Maxdb and DatabaseStudio on a linux SuSE SLES 10 sp 1.

I've tried to use the jce.jar that came with the SUN j2seesdk-1_4_03-linux download.

I've now used another jce.jar that comes from the SUN java 1.4.2.16 but I get also the ClassNotFoundException for com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

The Eclipse Windows->Preferences->Database Studio ->Synchronization is set correctly, and

/var/opt/sdb/data/app/syncman/extern/jce.jar is a symbolic link to the jce.jar file.

Any other suggestion, I can try the IBM-1.5.0 sr6 release ??

Thanks for your help,

Herman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

I'm running Maxdb and DatabaseStudio on a linux SuSE SLES 10 sp 1.

I've tried to use the jce.jar that came with the SUN j2seesdk-1_4_03-linux download.

I've now used another jce.jar that comes from the SUN java 1.4.2.16 but I get also the ClassNotFoundException for com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

The Eclipse Windows->Preferences->Database Studio ->Synchronization is set correctly, and

/var/opt/sdb/data/app/syncman/extern/jce.jar is a symbolic link to the jce.jar file.

Any other suggestion, I can try the IBM-1.5.0 sr6 release ??

Thanks for your help,

Herman

I've tried the IBM version, but the same problem remains :-[

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herman,

I think that with the IBM JDK the class name will be different.

Do you have any documentation which class provides cryptography functionality in the IBM SDK?

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herman,

maybe you can check if your IBM SDK has a jar file like "ibmpkcs11impl.jar"

The security provider class should be com.ibm.crypto.pkcs11impl.provider.IBMPKCS11Impl.

If this does not work maybe you could check for a freeware implementation of the JCE on the web.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolgang,

thanks a lot - setting in the preferences ... the security provider to com.ibm.crypto.pkcs11impl.provider.IBMPKCS11Impl.

did the job, no more error

Thanks again for your great support,

Herman

Answers (0)