cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create batch jobs for delivery i.e. for VL01N ?

How to create batch jobs for billing i.e. for VF01 ?

Please tell me with the Configuration step.

If you have user manual for it, it will be great.

I have little idea that it can be created through SM36.

Can anyone tell the configuration steps?

regards

Aki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aki,

To create a new batch job you can go to transaction Sm36,wherein you can define the job name,job class and target server..then you can go to start condition and select whether it is a periodic job,or immediate job and accordingly you can schedule the job..Also the very important thing is in the Step funtion you should have valid ABAP program or any external program which should be used at the background...

If you know the program then you can go to SE38 and create a variant for that program which can be later used in the newly created job.You can also copy an existing job and modify it according to the requirement by checking the job details in SM37.

Just to summarise the Key transactions are : SM36 and SE38.

Hope this info has been useful.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind.

I have already rewarded you points.

If you know then can you elaborate on how to write ABAP Program. I mean tell the steps in it.

Also how to create variant ?

thanks

Aki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to create varient:and create job processing in background

Example: goto tcode VL10A give all ur entries in the corresponding fields in all tab pages in general data and upto user role, and in the menu bar select "goto" and select "save as varient" u will reach one more screen in that screen give "varient name " and"meaning" and check "only for background processing" and "save varient" and save.and then go to tcode "VL10BATCH" and select ur varient and press "Schedule" button with flag and as per ur requirement u can schedule it. or suppose if u select "start immaediately" then u want to know the status goto tcode SM37 and press "execute" and see the job process as "finished" or not if it finished select "spool" in the application tool bar and and preson "DATA"

in this way varient and background jobs scheduling carries for different transactions in SAP.

if it is helpful to u reward me.

regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the detail.

I have given you points now.

regards

Akhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks akilesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

End User:

VL04 - Delivery

VF04- Billing due list

-

Customisation

1) Set program in SM36

2)create variant

3)Create SM36 (Define Using Wizard)

If still need further clarification let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

To plan background processing for delivery creation, proceed as follows:

Either apply a user role for background processing or make a copy of a user role for shipment due processing for yourself. During the test phase, use a function code profile for shipment due list display within this user role.

Test the shipment due processing with this user role until you only need to execute the Create delivery in background function after the shipment due list is first displayed in order to ship part of the delivery list. (Vary the rules for line selection or for quantity definition during item processing, for instance.)

Change the function code profile in the user role from Display to Deliver.

From shipping, choose Outbound Delivery ® Create ® Collective Processing of Documents Due for Delivery ® Delivery scenario of your choice.

Choose the user role that you want to use for background scheduling in the User role field on the User role tab page.

Enter additional selection parameters on the selection screen.

Save the selection screen as a variant.

From shipping, choose Outbound delivery ® Create ® Collective Processing of Documents Due for Delivery ® Plan Background Processing and execute the delivery scenario for background planning.

Choose the selection variant you want and then select Schedule job.

Follow the basis dialog for scheduling a background job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create batch jobs for billing - VF06

Regards,

Rajesh Banka