cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM Diagnostics: Restart Solution reload landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated a system landscape in solution manager - transaction SMSY -> system groups.

I want to be able to pull/transfer that update into solution manager diagnostics so that I can then deploy wily agent to it.

In solution manager diagnosts (url /smd) it now says

"Solution X is now outdated. restart the solution setup and reload the landscape"

The question is how is this done??

I'm on solution manager SP13 and how do you reload the landscape and restart the solution. Its not obvious in either smd or the backend solution manager smsy??

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also SP 15. I've found that if your landscape update is a result of an upgrade of a managed solution, this publishing is not enough. After publishing the landscape there are two entries for your solution. A partial fix is to go to Diagnostics administration > diagnostic system > landscape management. Expanding your updated landscapes you will see your solution twice with both the pre-update release and the post-upgrade release.

you can right click on the pre-upgrade release and select delete. If you installed the SMD agent before doing this the agent knows about two solutions and this royally confuses the managed system setup wizard! I don't know how to recover from this. This is true if you installed the post-upgrade version of the agent but never connected it to the solution.

ken chamberlain

university of toronto

PS youd think lanscape publishing would be part of landscape management but no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received a "reload landscape" message on SP15, and hunted around and found a "reload landscape" button that looks like a refresh button. It only shows the text "Reload Landscape" when the mouse cursor is held over it. When it is pushed, the message to reload goes away. For SP15, it is found on the smd URL path "Root Cause Analysis" > "Configuration" >> next to Solution drop down list. Since this is SP15, not sure how different your screens will be. Look for a refresh looking button. - Hope that helps.

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to have a look to SAP Notes

http://service.sap.com/notes

then in the field Search Term, put: outdated

in the field Application Area, put: SV-SMG-DIA

click on search, and then....

Only one result

[https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1113137|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1113137]

It may help.

Cheers,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

When you say that you updated the 'System Groups', do you mean that you changed the Logical Component in the System Groups which is assigned to an active Solution Landscape?

Which components were changed in System Groups and how where they changed?

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it means that you should restart the Managed Setup Wizard in order to push the new Solution Definition.

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats kind of my problem.

When I restart the managed setup wizard, the entries I have populated in the sm backend (SMSY) for the solution don't get pulled through - as if SMD doesn't know about them.

backend is SP13 - does the SMdiag_wizard still apply in SP13?

Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IN SMSY I changed system groups and logical components -> solution landscapes -> XXX landscape (customised).

I changed this by adding in a new system. This was acheived by going into change mode and selecting a new component.

I made sure the server or system was already assigned to that component in smsy.

0 Kudos

Did you tried doing the data transfer to solution manager diagnostics by going in transaction Soultion_manager.

Then click on the Goto in the menu-->Solution manager diagnostics -->Solution Data transfered.

Configure after selecting your solution landscape and it should show you green after that.

Thanks

Kush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have u solved the issue of pushing the solutions via smdiag_wizard in SPS13 also,,

I had to do that, as the SMD was not recognizing the solutions automatically..

kindly update me if there is any configuration need to be done

Regards,