cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error via ODBC: wrong dll version (check: SQLTCPx.dll)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after system, MAXDB 7.06.03 & database studio installation on new server my application reports error: wrong dll version (check: SQLTCPx.dll)

On previous server connection via ODBC was ok.

I have checked all available ODBC Drivers (MAXDB, SAPDB, SAPDB 7.4) and it does nothing.

Connection via .net driver (without ODBC) works fine.

How can I get correct version of dll ?

Which version is correct?

This dll currently exists in system: v. 7.6.3.0 (C:\Program Files\sdb\DBM) or v. 7.6.2.0 (C:\Program Files\sdb\programs\pgm)

Best regards,

Lukasz

MAXDB 7.06.03.07 Community Edition, WIN 2k3 x32 Ent. ed.

ODBC:

Version 7.6.03 Build 007-123-157-515

Object Mode 32 bit

Test File pgm/sqlod32.dll

Make Id 256246

Installation Date 24.01.2008

Size 3045874 bytes

Checksum 293d54b1f67025353bc9cfdbe1dd84f3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz

Apparently something went wrong. The ODBC driver (sqlod32[w].dll) depends on SQLTCPx.dll s. There is some checking that only dlls which belong to a certain release can work together.

You can check the versions within the file explorer (context menu -> Properties -> Version).

It could be that the path-environment points to two separate MaxDB-ODBC drivers (one from the general installation the other one of SQLStudio, which installs its own driver). Usually the SQLStudio driver is registered under SQLSTUDIOODBC.

BTW, which .NET driver do you mean?

With kind regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for replay and solution.

".net driver" means for me not ODBC connection in my case MaxDB ADO.NET Data Provider.

You're absolutely right. Something went wrong. I dropped all database instances and uninstalled all software and then installed all without database studio.

Now everything works fine.

By the way, if I install sql studio with default parameters I'll be again at start point - wrong dll version (check: SQLTCPx.dll) both in my application (written in DELPHI 7.0, it uses ADO connection and ODBC driver) and Ms Access (when i try link tables using ODBC).

Best regards,

Lukasz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz,

> By the way, if I install sql studio with default parameters I'll be again at start point

What kind of default parameters do you use when you install SQL Studio?

Do you use the internal SQL Studio driver SQLSTUDIOODBC for your application?

Does SQL Studio start correctly or do you get the wrong dll version error too?

Just to clarify do mean "Database Studio" or "SQL Studio"

Best Regards

Woflgang

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz

Let me summarize your response:

- you use MaxDB ADO.NET => no ODBC invovled

- you install MaxDB, ODBC is working

- you later install SQLStudio, then ODBC does not work

Therefore it seems that there is some mismatch between the MaxDB installation and the SQLStudio installation.

Please search on your computer, whether there are more files like sqlod32[w].dll and sqltcp?.dll. Please determine the location and the version of these files (context menu -> version) and post them here.

BTW, which version of MaxDB did you install? 7.7?

Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

problem is after Database Studio installation.

My test system is:

MAXDB Software:

1) MAXDB 7.6.03.07 (install file: maxdb-all-win-32bit.exe, server+client installation)

2) SQL Studio 7.6.03.02 (174235)

3) Database manager 7.6.03.02

If i install MaxdbStudio (install file: maxdb-studio-win-32bit.exe) on that environment I'll get error :wrong dll version (check: SQLTCPx.dll) in all known connections via ODBC.

Connections via odbc means for me connection via ODBC Source witch uses MAXDB (unicode) driver, file: SQLODE32W.DLL

(Control panel => Administrative tools => ODBC Sources => Add source => MAXDB (unicode) ... etc.).

SQL Studio, database manager and maxdb studio starts and works correctly.

Connections via MaxDB ADO.NET Data Provider works correctly (another application).

Error occurs in Windows 2003 as well (the same software).

Best regards,

Lukasz

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz

We were able to reproduce your problem. Actually there is an inconsistency in the installation of Database Studio, if already a 7.6 package was installed. Of course, this will be fixed in the future and will be available with the next version of Database Studio.

As a workaround for you, you can either use the ODBC-driver of SQLStudio, which is registered under the driver name SQLSTUDIOODBC, or you register this driver under a new name.

In my environment, the call would be:

odbcreg -i <name> -p "C:\Program Files\SDB\SQLStudio" -d sqlod32w.dll

Please check the location of the SQLStudio ODBC-driver and adjust the above statement, if necessary. Please make sure, that you use quotes, if your path contains space characters.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thomas