cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call ABAP RFC enabled function, character replacement during the call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I’ve got a strange problem when Web Dynpro application calls RFC enabled FM.

I pasted the text:

This is “test” text

from MS Word into a text box which content is later passed to the RFC enabled FM.

And the “ and ” are replaced by # when the text is imported in the ABAP function.

It looks this way:

This is #test# text

This happens only when I paste the text from MS Word.

If I paste the same text from Notepad there is no such problem.

I found that the standard quotation mark – “ – has ASCII or UNICODE No 34 (decimal),

the opening quotation mark in MS Word – “ – has UNICODE No 8220 (decimal),

and the closing quotation mark in MS Word – ” – has UNICODE No 8221 (decimal).

I tried to create new RFC enabled FM hoping that I had missed some settings concerning UNICODE conversion but I did not find any.

I think that it is a kind of conversion problem but I do not know how to fix it.

Are there any setting concerning UNICODE conversion in Web Dynpro, WAS or R/3 system that could solve the problem or I should find a way to parse the string before sending it to the ABAP FM?

This is the system I use:

Web Dynpro and WAS '04 SP14

SAP R/3 v.4.70 as backend server

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey you can replace the # with " in the back end system(R/3).whatever it is written in the webdynpro import it and replace the text as per yours.contact your ABAPers they will fix it.there is a ABAP statement to do it.Ask them to convert the imported value.

Edited by: yusuf on Jan 25, 2008 3:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuf,

Unfortunately this is not possible, because in that case I will replace all # no matter if they are input from the user or they are converted ". By the way ## is also used for replacement of CR (carriage return) symbol...

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to make use of code in the BAPI

REPLACE OCCURANCES OF '#' IN import parameter name WITH ".