cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactional Session JMS Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm using a JMS sender and receiver adapter. Everything works but i can't understand if it'could be better to use a Transactional Session in Jms setting. I've found a lot of documentation about jms adapter configuration, but not so much information about Transactional Session field.

Could somebody explain me something more??

When can i use transactional session?

Thanks a lot.

Bye, bye..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Transactional Session in JMS is used to persist the messages or may get roll back if in case of failure.

The JMS adapter (Java Message Service) enables you to connect messaging systems to the Integration Engine or the PCK. The messages will be processed in Queue i.e WebSphere MQ series, SonicMQ and others...

Suppose in case of failure of the connectivity the messages maintained in queue may lost. That would be serious problem if the queue is maintained with the messages having important data from production landscape.

If you enable a transactional JMS session, set the indicator. The processing of a message will be safe, a transactional session ends either with a COMMIT, or in the case of an error, with a ROLLBACK. So there will not be any chance of loss of the messages in queue.

If the session is not transactional, there can be duplicates or lost messages.

I hope now it will pretty clear to you the purpose of Transactional session.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Now, my doubts are solved.

Bye.