cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDoc from Non-SAP system to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a non sap system which needs to send IDoc to XI, Please could you answer my following four questions

1. What should be the values for the following fields in the IDoc control record

e.g. RCVPRN = <logical system name of XI>

SNDPOR

SNDPRT

SNDPRN

RCVPRT

RCVPOR

2. How does XI decide which port(idx1) to be used when it receives an idoc

3. The third party system is a non sap one, so it does not have a client no, so I would assume, I need to use another SAP system as a meta data provider, in that case, how would i tell XI to use that port when it receives IDocs from the non-SAP system ?

4. In what step does XI use the logical system name of the Business system(in SLD)?

Thanks in advance

cheers

danus

Edited by: Chidambaram Danus on Jan 25, 2008 2:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to send IDoc from non sap systems. As I understand there is a tool kit provided by SAP for this,I do not have more details on that..

Read the follwing from the Idoc adapter documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

· If the sender system is a non-SAP system, the sender service is identified from the logical system name of the sender port.

But I haven't clearly understood that line, hence I posted this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there is bit wrong interpretation of the statement

If the sender system is a non-SAP system, the sender service is identified from the logical system name of the sender port.

If the sender system is nonSAP it indicates taht the data is coming to XI from non sap systems such as file, database, webservice etc. to XI and from XI it will pass to sap as IDOC inbound.

For this you need to create the logical system in SAP (receiver) and pass on that value to IDOC header.

You could maintain it in the Business service used for Sender system (nonSAP). here it will be available in the tabs ---> History.

• note : IDOC is the concept of data container in SAP, you will not be able to have the IDOCs in non sap systems...

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 25, 2008 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below materials,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

Check out this document for IDOC configuration

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

This non sap application is already sending Idocs to one of our R/3 systems, am trying to find more details about it, so yes, it is possible because it is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chidambaram Danus ,

Please can you be more specific about this nonSAP application.

Its my kind request if you could name the nonSAP application, then it will be beter for me as well as for others to identify the precise clarification.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications written in C++.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>It is possible to send IDoc from non sap systems. As I understand there is a tool kit provided by SAP for this,I do not have more details on that

Yeah,there are SAP certified translator programs which do this,they simply convert the non-SAP format into IDOC format and send to SAP system and vice versa.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

plesae you can try it with creating the logical system in receiver SAP and then assign it in Business Service with tab history.

Deactivate the IDOc control data in mapping. Don't pass anything, it will fill the control data as per the details mentioned in partner porfile and process code for the IDOC on SAP end.

Let me know if this could resolve your problem.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved. Took me a while to crack it though !

First of all, it is very well possible to send idoc from a non sap box.

So here is what i have done....

Created a Third party BS in SLD and assign a logical system name(any name is fine) to it. Then use the same logical system name as sending port (SNDPOR) in the idoc which is send by the non-sap application...(to simulate the non-sap application, I used the JCo library), also send a client value(any three digit number is fine) in the control record.

Then in IDX1, use the same logical system name and client to create an entry and use an RFC destination to a SAP box, which has got the IDoc definition(so SAP box work as a meta data provider).

cheers

danus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur sender system is NON SAP system then how it send an IDOC this big ? for me.

If it is an NON SAP Sytem then it will send XML,Flat file or CSV file.I v=never heard non sap sending an IDOC.

Supoce if it is sending XML idoc or Flat file from sender side,then u have to do ALE setting from XI system to SAP system only. No need any settings from NON sap system to XI.

Please update the Thread.

Regards,

Phani