cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Connector and Visual Studio.Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have installed the latest version of the SAP.Net connector, and am now trying to connect to an R3 system.

I can connect to a 640 system, but not a 45b system.

If I enter the system, in the server explorer, using the hostname, and try to get a list of functions, I get "Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed

"

If I enter the system using the IP address, I get "CALL_FUNCTION_SIGNON_REJECTED".

Any ideas what needs to be done, either on the VS.Net side, or on the R3 side of things.

Does .Net connector work with a 45b system? Does anything need to be loaded on the R3 system to allow .Net connector to connect. Are there user settings required to allow connection to the R3 system?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if entering the passwords in uppercase will solve the problem. If so I would suggest

upgrading the kernel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

I use the following to list check connectivity problems.

1) Can I log in via SAPgui.

2) Does my user have auth. to execute function in question?

I test this via trace in R/3.

3) Are there any firewall's (software / hardware ) in between me and the R/3 system? Local PC firewall's could be blocking certain ports needed for RFC.

4) Last I check my services file. I make sure that entries for SAPdp*** and SAPgw*** and SAPms*** are in there and referencing the correct port numbers for my system. Normally if you can log in via point one this should be correct.

Hopefully that was helpful.

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have de same problem, my version of SAP is 40B

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... and also the answer is the same as for 4.5B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have de same problem, but my versio of SAP 40B

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no general incompatibility with 4.5B. It sounds more like a configuration or network problem. You need IP connection with RFC port 3300+systemNumber and the user needs RFC permissions.