Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** End-to-End Monitoring - RFC destination error while save config in RWB

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have 2 RFC destinations in our XI server. 1) PMI<client>001 2) PMI<client><client>800. First one is for XI server. Next one is for Sender/Receiver System.

We want to activate End-to-End Monitoring in RWB. For this, when I save configuration, it throws the following error.

-

Incorrect RFC Destinations: When the configuration is saved, an RFC destination is created on the monitoring server for each XI component to enable end-to-end monitoring of the respective XI component. However, the test call failed for the destinations listed. Therefore, you must check the call and the authorization on the monitoring server for the destinations concerned, by using transaction SM59. Also check whether RFC user used for the destination is maintained in the relevant XI component. Note that a component can only be monitored when its RFC destination is maintained correctly.

-

I have checked the user in the above destinations. For the first destination, we have assigned PIRWBUSER of XI system. Test Connection is OK, but unable to login remote. At the same time, PIRWBUSER is not locked.

For the second destination, I have assigned some login user of sender/receiver system. Test connection is OK. Able to login remotely.

There is no RFC user in our XI system. (I tried using RFCUSER* thru SU01 tcode).

There is no PIRWBUSER in the Sender/Receiver System.

In RWB, Configuration, 3 components are there. 1) XIIntegrationServer 2) Business System (for Sender/Receiver System) 3) XI Adapter Framework. I selected last two. (First one is already selected). Monitoring Level : Medium (for all 3). Send and Receive Check box is selcted for the last two.

So, what could be the problem for the above error?

Could you kindly clarifiy friends.

Thanking you

Kind Regards,

Jeg P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have one RFC Destination PMI<sysid>001. (Abap Connction) in my XI system. This destination is for XI server. Connection Test is OK. Remote Logon by using the PIRWBUSER is also ok.

In the 'Configuration' tab of the Runtime Workbench, when we select 'Save Configuration', (Business System and Adapter Framework is not activated) with the default activation for XI Integration Server, the system throws the following error.

-

Incorrect RFC Destinations: When the configuration is saved, an RFC destination is created on the monitoring server for each XI component to enable end-to-end monitoring of the respective XI component. However, the test call failed for the destinations listed. Therefore, you must check the call and the authorization on the monitoring server for the destinations concerned, by using transaction SM59. Also check whether RFC user used for the destination is maintained in the relevant XI component. Note that a component can only be monitored when its RFC destination is maintained correctly.

-

When we save configuration, an one more destination is automatically created in the name as below.

PMI<sysid>001<yyyymmdd>. For Example, PMIPID00120080207.

When we test newly created RFC destination, connection is OK, but not able to remot login using the same user PIRWBUSER.

The difference between old and new RFC destination, in old, we have selected Load Balancing is 'Yes', but in the new it is 'No'. The system also tells the error below.

Name or Password is incorrect (repeat logon) - PMIPID00120080207

But, still remote login is possible in the old RFC destination using the PIRWBUSER.

So, What could be the problem ...?

Kindly reply, friends.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokhan,

I find one problem, that is there is no PIRWBUSER in our application system whereas XIRWBUSER is there. But, if we give any remote login user in the destination PMI<clnt>800 (this is for application system) in PI system, then save the 'configuration' in RWB, the system immediately replaces the login name in this destination automatically i.e user PIRWBUSER. How this is happeining ..?

Another doubt is Aany problem will come if we answer 'Yes' for the question 'Perform Standard User Group to Role Assignment ?' in the Visual admin of PI server. (Services --> SLD Data Supplier)

Expecting your reply.

Kind regards,

Jeg P.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gökhan

I will check whatever you said and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use PIRWBUSER for end-to-end monitoring but you need to define this user with the roles

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

in your application systems also, as this type of monitoring will log on to the various systems.

You can follow the Monitoring Setup Guide for configuration in this link:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=OBJECT&_HIER_KEY=501100035870000015092&_HIER_KEY=601...

Also, if you did an upgrade procedure or changed any roles, you need to re-assign the roles to the service users. For this, first in your Integration Server client, use transaction SUPC with "All roles" option.

Then, log on to the Visual Admin and navigate to services -> SLD Data Supplier and find the button on the upper left of the inner screen with the input help "assign roles to user group".

All passwords and roles for service users must be the same across different systems, also check for any locks that may occur during the procedure.

Regards,

Gökhan

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

I understand. My doubt is what user we have to assign for these 2 destinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like SXMB_ADM problem and invalid login(use common basis ID). Check all the entries in this Tcode with your administrator or yourself.

BR,

Alok Sharma