cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order settlement -Negative value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Gurus,

Is it possible to create a settlement rule with a negative value.

Client has wrongly done a settlement in the previous year and wants to write off the value in this year , so he is trying to create the settlement rule with a negative value which i believe is technically not correct the simple soln could be to reverse the settlements,

but as the financial years are difff is there a alternative to writeoff the values.

Thanks in advance

Vinayak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, settlement reversal is possible only for the previous period. Hence you may have to think of something other than the sttlement process.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think settlement rule with negative value in amount field (-ve values still work) will solve your problem. What will happen if you try to close this Order, balance is not zero on it and depending on the settlement profile system will error you out saying that balance is not zero. Are you OK with balance appearing on the order?

I also think settlement reversal across fiscal years is not possible.

Alternative I can think of posting a FI document PK-75 Crediting the Object (ex., Asset which has got the wrong posting) with suitable transaction type and PK-40 Debiting a object completely external say cost center.

Let us see others view on this

Regards

Sreenivas