cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment expressions on Qualifiers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In Data Manager can we write an assignment expression to replace any value of the Qualifier.

Like, If we have AFS_Season Qualified lookup table and in that table we have material number as non qualifier and say theme as qualifier. Now my requirement is that wherever Theme has value 3 it will get replace by 03.

Can we do this through assignments. If yes, then how.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think we have this implementation.

Nothing will happen, try everything.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 28, 2008 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating it as a calculated field & write the assignment expression in the console . This should solve your problem. To execute the expression & get the desired results selects a particular record from the qualified table, right click & recalculate.

Regards

Yogesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun, I would suggest a work around for this if this 0 has to be added during the syndication. You can pad a character to the left in syndicator and specify it in the syndication map. What it means is, MDM will still have the value 3, but when you syndicate it out to ECC, you can send it as 03. We had a requirement like this and this is how we did that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun ,Ur case is same as mine i have face this scenario so follow the below steps and ur problem will be solved.

1)In MDM Console make a duplicate "theme1" field make it as calculated and also make display yes for it.

2) Then in calculation write the expression If (Find(Theme,3),03,Theme).

Theme field is to be select from the field tab in pop up window of expression.

3) when u open data manager it will automatically do that replacement.

And if u make any change in theme field value then select the "Recalculate".

Hope this may help you.

Regards

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Jan 29, 2008 7:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

First of all you can use Assignments with Qualifier tables.

Your requirement is that based on theme value ie if theme is 3 it should be filled by 03.

This is possible by using Assignments because your requirement is not restricted to qualifier ie based on non qualifier you dont need to change your qualifier value you just want you qualifier value to change based on its value.

For this Assignments can be used

If (Theme[3],Theme 03)

Hope it helps

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

I tried this also but unfortunately while executing assignment expression its giving me error "Assignment Operation failed".

Can you suggest something else.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my understanding we should not use Calculated expressiions due to performance issues.

Correct me if wrong.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

We cannot write to yes qualifiers fields through Assignment expressions as only Main table fields are available through assignments.

If its just a one time activity then export your qualified table from data manager with "no" qualifiers. Replace your values again import them to MDM.

Regards,

Amol.