Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable transactrions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a customized transaction in a particular role.

When we checked in the pfcg we could see the transaction.

Also SUIM --> Roles --> Transaction Assignment shows the transaction in that role.

However the transaction doesnt show up when we try the path SUIM --> Transaction --> Role --> Executable Transactions.

What do executable transactions mean?

Also the transaction code in concern when checked shows only authorisation object (in su24). Is dat ok?

Is there any way to chekc al the authoprisation objects of a transaction code.

I also am looking for a way tolook up for a way to know if a particular transaction code is availbe in the sys? especially a customized transaction code.

I have one more query, sometime i see the system displayingteh staus that the "Function is not possible" when certain transactions were executed. What doers that mean?

Though a host of questions i wish to get the response at the earliest possible.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We had a customized transaction in a particular role.

> When we checked in the pfcg we could see the transaction.

> Also SUIM --> Roles --> Transaction Assignment shows the transaction in that role.

Mind you, this one looks in the menu, not in the S_TCODE object.

>

> However the transaction doesnt show up when we try the path SUIM --> Transaction --> Role --> Executable Transactions.

> What do executable transactions mean?

Good one, I'm blank here and now just as curious as you are

>

> Also the transaction code in concern when checked shows only authorisation object (in su24). Is dat ok?

For a custom transation I'd expect only S_TCODE to appear in SU24 automatically. All other checks must be entered manually.

> Is there any way to chekc al the authoprisation objects of a transaction code.

This is a tricky one. Conceptually transactions only check S_TCODE and the check(s) listed in table TSTCA or in the field 'authorization object' in SE93. Further authorization checks need to be programmed into the underlying software to be active. There is a report to drill down into the programs but that isn't allways reliable since some checks differ depending on choices made in the program screen and this report cannot check all choices. The report is RSABAPSC, abap language command to check is AUTHORITY-CHECK

For your custom transaction better speak with the programmer.

>

> I also am looking for a way tolook up for a way to know if a particular transaction code is availbe in the sys? especially a customized transaction code.

All transactions are in table TSTC

>

>

> I have one more query, sometime i see the system displayingteh staus that the "Function is not possible" when certain transactions were executed. What doers that mean?

You'll have to be more specific, this is a very genral message.

> Though a host of questions i wish to get the response at the earliest possible.

Well, here you are

0 Kudos

>

> >

> > However the transaction doesnt show up when we try the path SUIM --> Transaction --> Role --> Executable Transactions.

> > What do executable transactions mean?

> Good one, I'm blank here and now just as curious as you are

Just unblanked myself about the report. Still curious why gives a different result compared to the earlier report you mentioned.....

0 Kudos

This report get the Transactions from the Menu Tab under PFCG, so if you S_TCODE value is different from the Menu (example: you have range in the S_TCODE), you will see the diffence.

Have Fun,

Lye