cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Maintenance - Cookbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Practioners

Does any of you have some kind of a User Maintenance Cookbook (including the right way of deleting users)?

We are on SRM Server 5.5. and use Central User Administration.

Thanks for your help in advance.

;o)

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Some other related useful pointers ->

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Disha and Atul

Thanks a lot for your help, which has lead me to some helpfull OSS notes.

I do have one exact question though... deleting a user:

What we have been doing so far:

We insert the users (create BP and Position) in the org structure via Users_gen and not via BBPMAINT. SU01 users are created via CUA.

Via USERS_GEN we have been deleting the employee account (not SU01- CUA) - in the believe that the position and the BP would also be deleted.

We can now see that the positions and BP are still existing - and how do we delete them?

BP can be deleted via BUPA_DEL - if not documents are attached to the BP.

The position?

Is it better to delete the user via PPOMA_BBP and if so, in what sequence?

If possible please advise

;o)

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I know the problem that you are facing ... there is a transaction that'll delete the user. However it's been about 3 years since I did SRM security. I'm digging through my old emails, coz we had a similar issue where the user had to be deleted, but using PPOMA_BBP wasn't the answer.

I do recall this. There is a transaction for user maintenance from the web UI. That same transaction can be run from the SAPGUI. However it has to be run from the screen where you see the "Click here for SAP Easy Access". If you go past that to the Easy Access screen and try to run the txn, it'll inform you that it can only be run from the Web UI.

When you do run this txn, you'll see the users that are in the org structure. It'll let you make changes etc., and also delete them, after warning you that they'll be removed permanently from the org structure.

I'm going to search for the txn as I need to remember this as well. But I'm hoping my description above will help you in narrowing doing the transaction. If you do, let me know.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maria,

You can do it in this way-

1. Login to portal with the administrator user i.e. user with role "SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR"

2. Select "Manage Employee Data"

3. Find your employee for deletion. Here you will find an option to "delete the user with position".

I hope this answers to your question.

Regards,

Prashant

Do reward for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

See this useful SAP OSS Note ->

Note 419423 Repairing incorrect EBP users

Do let me know.

Regards