cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brbackup with Pipe option (IBM-AIX) not working

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to take SAP Backup using brbackup pipe option..

What all things i did to achieve that mentioned below..

1) Created .rhosts file in the home directory of both ora<sid> and <sid>adm user

contents of .rhosts file

dicisap2 oradcp

dicisap2 dcpadm

machine name of the remote host and user name of remote machine

also created .netrc file in the / directory with chmod 600 permission with the username and password

but i am getting the follwoing error when tried to execute a backuip

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-01-25 13.18.49

BR0226I Rewinding tape volume in device /dev/rmt0 ...

BR0278W Command output of 'LANG=C rsh dicisap2 -l oradcp /bin/sh -c "'LANG=C tct

l -f /dev/rmt0 rewind || echo ERR_RC: \$? 1>&2'"':

rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-01-25 13.18.49

BR0279W Return code from 'LANG=C rsh dicisap2 -l oradcp /bin/sh -c "'LANG=C tctl

-f /dev/rmt0 rewind || echo ERR_RC: \$? 1>&2'"': 1

BR0213W Winding tape volume in device /dev/rmt0.1 failed

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok; I still think that first you should verify whether rsh permissions are set up properly.

What happens when you try this at your local machine (as user <sid>adm or ora<sid>):

rsh dicisap2 -l oradcp date

0 Kudos

When I executed rsh dicisap2 -l oradcp date getting message

rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This shows that rsh permissions are not set up properly. Please double check contents and file permissions of .rhosts file of user oradcp on the remote machine. (I suppose dicisap2 is your remote machine?)

A common mistake is with file permissions. The rsh manual pages say that .rhosts must not be writable by anybody else but the owner and root, and this also applies to all the directories in the path of .rhosts.

0 Kudos

Issue was resolved ,the problem was with the machine name -Ip address in hosts file,In my case the local machine was the failover node of remote server..So the machine name was changed to cluster name and uname was set to alias name in the hosts file.....so it was a problem with the alias name of the remote host and local hosts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose that it is problem with the tape you are using...

With regards

Sudha

0 Kudos

The tape is working fine as i tried a VG backup successfully also the rhosts file already exists in remote machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you set up rsh permissions in the wrong direction.

You have to create a .rhosts file at the remote machine (where your tape drives are) and enter machine name and username of your local machine (where brbackup is running).

hope this helps