cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Solution: Steps For Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap lover!

After revision of SAP Notes, SDN forum I didn't find the full scenario of Learning Solution implementation. So here the question arise.

So, Does anyone of you have a scenario of Learning Solution implementation? (begins from NW04 SR1)

If not, could you tell If this steps are right:

1) in R/3, install LSOFE. R/3 should be with ECC 5.0 as "Component Version" version, not Netweaver 04!!!

2) Turn on the HR extensions in the IMG

3) Installing j2ee 6.40

4) Install Portal 6.0 over j2ee 6.40

5) Install Knowledge & collaboration installation over Portal

6) Setup a folder in the KMC component of a portal

7) install LSOCP on a J2ee stack and config

Regards,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas, community?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir!

You got main all right, but it depends on your scenario you needed.

You've described only installation steps. For implementation you'll need to do a customizing

Please check a documentation:

LSO main page

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700004859362004E&;

Please read carefully LSO master guide and Enterprise Learning:

Configuration Guide.

If you will have more questions, don't hesitate to ask, I can help you with installation and basis configuration.

Best regards, Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena! I'm very glad to see the familiar names - Russian names

I'v been looking for too long the given link! Thank you very much!

Fistly, Elena, am I right concerning the "Component release", that If It just a "Netweaver 04" Learning Solution scenario wouldn't work. (just ECC 5.0) But, e.g. master guide says that LSOFE already has HR master data....- May be It would be enough?

After applying both of components (LSOCP & LSOCP) begins customizing part?

UPDATE.

where I can find LSOFE Add on? Cause on "DVD_SAP_ERP_2004_SR1_Components" cd just contains pathes...file like K-30001INLSOFE.CAR ...

LSOCP has been deployed.

Regards,

Vladimir

Edited by: Vladimir on Jan 27, 2008 5:27 PM

Edited by: Vladimir on Jan 27, 2008 5:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir!

Note 1070578 - First Steps: SAP Enterprise Learning - very useful note, contains lot of information

Note 503907 - Release strategy for the LSOFE add-on - you can find all information about where you can find LSOFE addon

Also you can look up in SAP Software Distribution Center (http://service.sap.com/swdc), just press link "Search for Installations and Upgrades" and type LSOFE

About versions: it depends on what version of LSO you will need

For example, if you need LSO 3.0 - you will need NetWeaver 04(basis 6.40) or ECC 5.0 (basis 6.40)

LSOFE already contents HR data, but you will also need to do manual customizing.

>>After applying both of components (LSOFE & LSOCP) begins customizing part?

You will need to apply patches, perform technical configuration and after that - customizing

If you will have more questions - please don't hesitate to ask

Hope it will help,

Best regards, Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena, glad to see u!

According to SNote 718625 - "Additions to NetWeaver 2004 upgrade with LSOFE" -

The installation and upgrade packages for LSOFE 300 are delivered with SAP ERP 2004. The packages are available in the LSOFE subdirectory on the SAP ERP 2004 Components DVD.

This CD (51030865_10) contain just the folder LSOFE with packages...

K-30001INLSOFE.CAR

K-30002INLSOFE.CAR

K-30003INLSOFE.CAR

K-30004INLSOFE.CAR

K-30005INLSOFE.CAR

where is the addon? search with "LSOFE" doesn't help

regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir,

Try disk 51030865_4 SAP Learning Solution Frontend 300 (ABAP Add-On) - it is what you need.

It is in " Installations and Upgrades->SAP Application Components->SAP ERP->SAP ERP 2004" directory or just try search and type 51030865_4

Best regards, Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Elena, cd in progress...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena

I do not have access to the service market place right now. Can you help me to get LSO master document and enterprise learning config guide ? Thanks in advance.

Gopi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is good implementation guidance in the book. http://www.sap-press.com/products/SAP-Enterprise-Learning.html? An online (searchable) version is available as well.

Regards

Prashanth