cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value stored in the key figure is not consistent when change time bucket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

There is a strange condition happened in our demand planning book. First we store same value in some key figures, when I read the value in the weekly basis, all the value of different key figure is the same. But when I change the time bucket to monthly basis. All the value is different.(There is a small difference between each key figure and I already inactive all macros used in this planning book) And I check the aggregation setting in the planning book, all are the same. I cannot fgure out why it is like this. Am I missing something?Thanks for your great help.

regards,

Scott Chen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir:

Sorry makes you confusing. Say I have two different key figures which contained same value in the weekly basis. But when I change the time bucket to monthly basis, these two KFs will have a small difference between each month. (But the total quantity still are the same) How come it will be like this? Supposely all of them should be the same, either it's weekly or monthly basis. I have already checked the aggregation setting for these two KFs in the planning area, they are the same, so I cannot figure out why. example:

W1 W2 W3 W4 W5 W6 W7 W8

KF 1 10 10 20 30 10 10 10 10

KF 2 10 10 20 30 10 10 10 10

M1 M2

KF 1 65 45

KF 2 70 40

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if you are watching the numbers in Base Unit of Measures ? Is the Base UoM same as planning area UoM ? You may see the behaviour you are seeing if you are working on an aggregate level in CVCs, and the general Disaggregation types are different though time-based is same. Can you let us know the Disagg Type you have configured ? Hopefully it is not "I".

I would recommend you do one small experiment. Zero out the two key figures and save them. Then repopulate with the values you have and see if you continue to see the same behaviour.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will help if you can give example of the keyfigure data otherwise your question is confusing.

In any case remember how data in weeks are rolled to months in DP Timeseries.

There will be some weeks which move across months - i.e. W5/2008 has 5 days in Month of January i.e. M1/2008 and 2 days in Feb i.e. M2/2008.

So if you had data as below

W1 W2 W3 W4 W5 W6 W7 W8

100 50 50 100 70 50 100 50

M1 M2

100505010050 = 350 2050100+50 = 220

Hope this helps.

Somnath