cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple "Hello world" servlet in sap j2ee 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @ all,

I want to develop a little "hello world" servlet which runs on a sap j2ee 6.20.

Writing the code is not the problem

But I do not know which steps I have to do in order to get the servlet to run.

Do I have to create an ear-File? If yes how can I build an ear-File!

Or is the a way to just create a folder in the root of the j2ee with an WEB-INF folder! I tried this but it dosn´t work!

Is there perhaps a plugin available for eclipse 2.1 to develop and deploy the application to the sap j2ee??

Thanks alot for your help!

Best regards

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai.

Coding is always cool!! Never a problem

>>Do I have to create an ear-File? If yes how can I build an ear-File!

Anyways, If you have created the J2EE application then you have to build a Web Applicatipn Project. And then give the reference of your application to this Web Application Project. Now craete a archive file of this web application project.

When you will do this a <b>.ear</b> file will be created and a <b>.war</b> file will also be created in your application. Noe Deploy ear to J2ee engine. It will ask for the password of SDM. Give that password and it will be deployed on the SAP J2ee engine.

To run the application write:

http://<my_server>:<my_port>/irj/servlet/<my_application_name>/

This will run your application. Hope this will help.

Do award points if you find answer is helpful for you.

Rgds

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

thank you for your post!

I have got a myservlet.java and class file! How can I build now a ear and war file?

I want to run this application on a sap j2ee 6.20 without a portal! This application should become a part of an isa crm webshop.

So can you give me some more details???

This would be very fine!

Best regards

Kai

viliana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

You cannot use the Developer Studio for development on 6.20. Instead, you can use JBuilder 5.0. In the documentation you can find a couple of development tutorials and also a section how to configure a JBuilder plug-in to deploy and debug your applications on the J2EE Engine 6.20. For more information, see the tutorials and the Development manual, which you can find in the /docs directory in your 6.20 installation.

Best regards,

Viliana