cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using of Matching Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All!

Tell me please, how I can use MDM matching sets functionality. I can add, modify and delete matching set defenitions in taxonomy table, but how I can find all releated records in main table by specified matching set?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to matching mode in data manager.

2. click on Rule tab, Define a Rule. Set your matching criteria on which basis you want to match fields in Fields option. give some number in success, faliure and undefined. Save.

3. Go to strategy tab, define a new strategy. Select the rule you have defined in previous step. put any number in high threshold and low. save.

4. select the records in data manager from which you want to remove duplicates.

5. right click and go to matching-->selected vs all or whatever you want.

6. it will display the duplicates with HIGH threshold. click on match step. and select 1 record from dupicates in upper pane of DM.

7. Check the box in front of all remamaining records in match step.

8. go to merge tab.

9. Right click set all equals and null. choose manually from remaining.

10. again righ click below and choose merge.

a pop will come say yes.

11. you will see a new record with new id in DM.

Pls reward if found helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I spoke about "matching sets" or "category-level relationships", not "record matching"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry,

If you have refer page no 381 data manager reference guide.

if you dont have share your id here, i will provide.

Pls follow this:

The matching sets facility of MDM allows you to define category-level relationships. A matching set is a pair of related categories, where some or all of the products in each category are related to one another. You can define a matching set as either bidirectional (for a sibling-type relationship) or unidirectional (for a parent/child-type relationship).

Category-level. You can define a relationship between two product categories. For example, you can define the categories Washers and Dryers as being related. This approach is efficient not only to define but also to maintain because new products that are added to either category automatically participate in the relationship, but it does not

provide very granular control over the members of the relationship.

• Product-level. You can also define a relationship between two or more individual products. For example, you can define a particular washer/dryer combination as being related, because they are designed to stack one on top of another. This approach is very precise, but also has additional overhead because each relationship must be individually defined, and new products that are added to the repository must be added manually as members of the relationship.

To add a new matching set for a category:

1. In the taxonomy tree, select the leaf-node category for which you want

to create a matching set.

2. Right-click on the category and choose Matching Sets from the context menu, or choose Tree > Matching Sets from the main menu.

3. Choose Add from the cascading menu to open the Add Matching Set

MDM populates the Category Items list with the lookup fields and attributes for the selected category.

5. Select the desired Matching Category from the drop-down list.

6. MDM now populates the Matching Category Items list with the lookup

fields and attributes for the matching category.

7. If necessary, add or remove matching field/attribute pairs, as follows:

�� To add a matching pair, highlight a field or attribute in the Category Attributes list, highlight the matching field or attribute in the Matching Category Items list, and click Match. MDM adds the matching pair to the Matching Item Pairs list.

To remove a matching pair, highlight it in the Matching Item Pairs list, and click Unmatch. MDM removes the matching pair from the Matching Item Pairs list.

6. Select the applicable radio button to specify the relationship type:

�� Link in Both Directions

�� Link to Matching Category Only

�� Link from Matching Category Only

7. Click OK when you are done to close the Add Matching Set dialog.

8. MDM adds the new matching set without confirmation, and displays a small green dot ( ) to the left of both the selected category and the matching category.

Advantage:

Category-level relationships within MDM – and in particular, matching sets, which allow you to restrict the set of

related products based on matching field and attribute information –are a unique MDM innovation that is dramatically more efficient than the corresponding product-level relationships. For example, if the twocategories Nuts and Screws each contains three thousand products,then the single matching set can represent – and completely replace

the need to define – up to nine million potential product relationships

Rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 25, 2008 8:55 AM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 25, 2008 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again... I know how to add a new matching set for a category, but I can't find anywhere how to retrieve all related records for any main table record by this matching set, for example:

my taxonomy is:

Category

-Magnetic drives (linked attribute: spindel speed)

--IDE

--SCSI

and I've matching set: IDE.spindel speed = SCSI.spindel speed

and main table contains following records:

Name | Category

-

WD-1 | IDE (spindel speed = 7200)

FS | SCSI (spindel speed = 7200)

Samsung | IDE (spindel speed = 7200)

SUN | SCSI (spindel speed = 10000)

I want to retrive all matching records by my mathcing set for record "Name = FS" (them are: WD-1 and Samsumg)... How can I perform this?

Edited by: Alexandra Bondarenko on Jan 25, 2008 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think we can use matching sets on main table records, but its sure it is indirectly attached to it.

or its out of my knowledge.

yes thats why i was not sure. thanks to you also for emphasize on new concept.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 25, 2008 9:39 AM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 25, 2008 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, tanks...

I think this functionality not implemented yet... May be in SP6...