Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Adapter details

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

What are the things that are to be kept in mind for choosing the Seeburger adapters.

For a logistics based EDIs we are planning to go for Seeburger adapters in XI, i need to know the following things that will help me to contact the seeburger guys for pricing.

1. what are the seeburger components we need to develop the interfaces,(The softwares comes with what all adapters)

2. Does any trial version is available for download?

3. What are the things that will differ from a normal interface development when we use the Seeburger adapters(any1)

steps in IR and ID.

is there any Document from SAP which gives overall picutres the things to be taken care when taking seebuger in XI?

regards

Nisar Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Find here with you the answers for your questions,

1. what are the seeburger components we need to develop the interfaces,(The softwares comes

with what all adapters)

Seeburger EDI Adapter leverages SAP XI's Adapter Framework. This Adapter is used to perform conversion between EDI and XML format. It also provides some canned EDI layouts and the ability to build your own. It is used to transfer the EDI message via HTTP or AS2 protocols.

There are many components(may be adapters) in Seeburger like BIC,BIS,AS/2,FTP, it depends on what kind of flow do you need but everything is described in seeburger docs when you get those adapters you will get very nice prepared documents that will show you step by step procedures on how to install.

The most direct way of using the Seeburger adapters is to configure the BIC as a module. There is a software component from seeburger called bicmapper which will allow you to do the following:

1. define or import the inbound message metadefinition in various formats ( edifact, xml,...)

2. using a mapping create an xml variant as the output metadefinition or edifact in the other direction.

3. create a one to one mapping between input en output.

4. export the metadata in xsd or sda format for import in XI

5. generate an SDA which can be deployed in XI and used as a module.

Please go through the following links which clearly explains what you want and it also helps you in understanding the same in depth:

http://h41123.www4.hp.com/presentations/ISUG/XISeeBurger.ppt

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6dc02f5d-0601-0010-cd9d-f4ff9a7e...

http://www.sap.com/asia/company/events/nwtechdays/presentation/australia-slides/Pre-Built_Integratio...

http://www.seeburger.it/fileadmin/it/pdf/2005_04_sapphire_Ferrero_transcript.pdf

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/Butler_Group_SEEBURGER_Technology_Audit.pdf

http://www.sap.com/france/company/events/2006/02-01-Automotive-Seeburger.pdf

2. Does any trial version is available for download?

Refer below link for it,

http://www.seeburger.com

http://h41123.www4.hp.com/presentations/ISUG/XISeeBurger.ppt

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/AS2_General_Overview.pdf

3. What are the things that will differ from a normal interface development when we use the Seeburger

adapters(any1) steps in IR and ID.

Refer

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/AS2_General_Overview.pdf

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/SEEBURGER_SAP_Adapter_engl.pdf

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 25, 2008 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

>>1. what are the seeburger components we need to develop the interfaces,(The softwares comes with what all adapters)

This will depends on your requirement. Like you can go for FTP/VAN , AS2 ....

>>2. Does any trial version is available for download?

As far as I Know , there is no trail versions

>>3. What are the things that will differ from a normal interface development when we use the Seeburger adapters(any1)

steps in IR and ID.

In IR:

1) No need to develop the Data type & Msg types. you can directly use Extenal definition for the EDI Structure.You can Import the xsd structure for EDI, which comes with the Seeburger Installation.

In ID:

1) In Module TAB of the CC, we have to mention the Satandard mapping names to convert the EDI-XML

Regards

Seshagiri

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. From the XI basis point of view what are the things we need to take care.

2. Please let me know if any steps are avialble in the IR and ID to be done, like the way we normal build the scenarion from the scratch.

i have gone trough the lnks provided earlier, i am trying to get an overview of the things which will differ in XI when i use the example like As2 for converting the Invoice to the file in X12 format.

Edited by: Nisar Khan on Jan 25, 2008 12:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

From XI BASIS Point of view,

1) Installation of the Seeburger Adapter on XI Server & Deploying some .sda files using SDM according to the Installation guide

2) We need VAN ( Value Added Network ) for B2B scenario's like Interchanging EDI Messages between 2 Organizations.

3) VAN Installation & Providing the VAN Number to Developer .so that Interchange of data between 2 VAN's will possible.( Our VAN & Customer's VAN )

4) Installation of the BIC Mapping Designer, to get the all STD mappings which comes up with the Seeburger Package to convert EDI-XML and vice versa

5) Creating & Deploying the .sda file on XI Server for the STD mappings, so that we can use those in Module TAB of CC in ID

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

>>i have gone trough the lnks provided earlier, i am trying to get an overview of the things which will differ in XI when i use the example like As2 for converting the Invoice to the file in X12 format.

I don't haave much idea about AS2 Adapter. I have done with FTP/VAN Adapter.

Regards

Seshagiri

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seshagiri

from the followingt types of adapters:

1)BIC Adapter

2)Split997 adapter

3)AS2 adapter.

if i have to choose one for my requiremtn? what are the factors on which i decide whch adapter to choose.....

1. Is the medium trough which i communicate with the business partner depends on choosing the adapter?

the As2 adapter i mentioned earlier was just one example i mentieond, can u explain me your busniess flow for using the FTP and VAN adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Totally we have the following adapters

1) FTP/VAN Adapter

2)AS2 Adapter

3)BIC Adapter

4) HTTP Adapter

In my case my client is using SAP r/3 & our clients customer is using VAN & they are very particular abt to send those alll transactions (ANSI x12 PO850, 860 )through EDI only.

So this is the reason our client choosed FTP adapter with VAN.

Here VAN is medium, all the EDI Messages should be exchanged through this VAN..

If you are going for AS2 means, this again a Stand alone server. this should be present in two sides. seeburger Package has to be installed in that server & we have to use SSL Certificates in XI to communicate with each other. this is different.

You please tel me your requirement. So that we can discuss.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

1. what are the seeburger components we need

to develop the interfaces,(The softwares comes

with what all adapters)

2. Does any trial version is available for

download?

No trial version available.

3. What are the things that will differ from a

normal interface development when we use the

Seeburger adapters(any1)

steps in IR and ID.

In IR:

You need to use the Standard XSD provided by Seeburger for different mesages like EDFACT ORDERS D96A etc in IR and other steps are similar which we do for the normal scenarios.

In ID:

This is the scenario for AS2

Seeburger has provided std mapping which need to be deployed on Xi server and will be used in XI adapter module tab for EDI-XML and XML-EDi conversion.

Example of mapping:

See_E2X_INVOIC_UN_D96A

See_E2X_INVOIC_UN_D99A

See_E2X_ORDERS_UN_D96A

See_E2X_OSTRPT_EAN_D96A.

1) After deploying mapping program.

We need to give the AS2ID in the party identifier tab,AS2ID that is entered here will be used for identifying the sender and receiver of the document.

1)The value of the Agency field must be Seeburger.

2)The value of the Schema field must be AS2ID.

Every partner is assigned the WAN no which is provided by the WAN service provider. That WAn no we need to configure in the party identifier tab

Configuration in adapter:

Under the party identifiere tab

Agency will be seeburger

Scheme=AS2ID

Name = WAN network no of the partner who is sending the file

Sender AS2 adapter configuration:

Few changes in the module parameter tab.

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean bic

CallSapAdapter 0

Module configuration:

bic= destSourceMsg = MainDocument

bic= destTargetMsg = MainDocument

bic= mappingName= See_E2X_EDIFACT_ORDERS_UN_D93A which does the conversion of EDI-XML.

Receiver AS2 adapter configuration:

When the adapter is used in a receiver channel, it obtains a message from the Integration Engine and sends it to a business partner. In this case, the following steps are required:

1. Define the channel as a Receiver channel on the Parameters tab

2. The last step ensures the module sequence is complete:

Make sure the module ModuleProcessorExitBean does exist in the module sequence:

Module Name=localejbs/ModuleProcessorExitBean

Type=L

Module Key=Exit

• with the following module parameter:

Module Key=Exit

Parameter Name=JNDIName

Parameter Value=deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2

4) from the followingt types of adapters:

1)BIC Adapter:

There is no BIC adapter it is the client based tool provided by seeburger which has the standard mapping program which does the conversion of EDI-XML and XML-EDI it supports many data types like INHOUSE,CSV, TRADACOM etc. So the std mappinf provided by seeburger has to be deploye first on XI and then used in adapter module tab for conversion.

Using BIC we can create our own data strucutre like we do in IR,we can create our own data type mapping program.

There are three mapping program which is provided by seeburger which is used for creating our own mapping program.

1) Create XML message

2) CreateMappingXML to EDI

3) CreateMappingEDI to XML.

You need to use this mapping program and create your own mapping program for your own structure once it is created import it in BIC.

2)Split997 adapter

The SEEBURGER message splitter module initiates new XI messages as children of a main (or parent) XI Message. A new child (or split) message will be created for each main message’s attachment in the split list.

Example of when to use splitter:

1) mail adapter initiates a XI message which contains several attachments, you can use the message splitter to create a new XI Message for each attachment in the original email.

2) U have many UNH messages in one EDI file and u want to create different IDOC for every UNH message for that file that time splitter can be sued.

3)AS2 adapter.

I have provided u the details.

You can refer my thread reply:

flow of the data from EDi to SAp r/3 using seeburger:

1) Data will be coming thorugh WAN or mailbox.

2) If its coming through WAN then every WAN provider will give the partner which is sending the data a partner number for indentification.

3) In your AS2 channel you need to configure the party and for that party you need to give the WAN number which is proivded for that partner. So it will run that configuration whenever that partner send the data.

4) In the adapter you have to give the mapping program name which does the conversion of EDI-XML and XML-EDI.

5) Once you XML is generated then it will be used in MM

6) At the receiver if its IDOC adapter then IDOC adapter will post the IDOC to R3 system.

I hope I have given u better picture.

Thnx

Chirag

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You