Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifier table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I working on qualifirer table and my table details are :

Main Table: Partno,Califor_equiped,A_C_equped,P_B_equiped.

Qualifer Table:

Make,Model,Year,Califor_equiped,A_C_equped,P_B_equiped.

In this Califor_equiped,A_C_equped,P_B_equiped are qualifiers and

Make,Model and Year are Non qualifiers.

can anyone provide me step to impot this table without making clone fields of non-qualifires.

Califor_equiped,A_C_equped,P_B_equiped are all depending on same 3 non qualifiers.

Points will be rewarded if found helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Go through this weblog:

/people/pooja.khandelwal2/blog/2006/03/29/taming-the-animal--qualified-tables

I m confused abt ur main table fields............ whcih flied is of type Lookup[Qualified Flat]?

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

Thanks for the reply.

Which table i need to select in the Destination side .

Mororver after iam mapping and selecting nonqualifiers select Qualifier update is active but in that select Update is greyed out. so plz describe the procedure once more in detail. Plz Make it sure i have 3 qualifiers and 3 non qualifiers and all 3 qualifiers are dependent on same 3 non qualifiers.

Qualifier are cal_equiped,a_c_equiped,p_b_equipped.

and non qualifiers are make,year,model .

Thanks in advance.

Neethu.

Edited by: Neethu joy on Jan 25, 2008 9:54 AM

Edited by: Neethu joy on Jan 25, 2008 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu sorry for late reply,

In destination side u have to select ur main table.

Yes it will be greyed if u have mapped any yes qualifier before the above mentioned procedure .My scenario was same as of yours and i have applied the steps i told you.

like first map only no qualifiers :qualifiers are make,year,model

then follow the above procedure

and then map yes qualifiers.

This will save your time and also u need not to make any clone field there.

Hope this may help u .for any further problem plz ask

Regards

Ankit

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

This is Alok not Ankit.

If i am right, As per my knowledge there is no possibilty to map single source filed with multiple destination fields.

so either cloning or multiple enteries in source file.

and you are pretty much right.

Thanks again

you have all qualifiers in main table also.

Main Table: Partno,Califor_equiped,A_C_equped,P_B_equiped and in qualified table also.

and your question is how to map without cloning these fields.

just only way to map a source field to two different destination fields is that "Source field must be present 2 times in source structure (file)".

this can happen in two ways

1. Either your source file already have these fields 2 times

2. or you have to clone it in Import Manager.

and to How to map qualifiers or source to destination is explained alredy in thread.

Please rewrds if helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 28, 2008 12:20 PM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Jan 28, 2008 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit ,

Thanks for ur reply.

So as per u if a field is not declaraed 2 times in a source we have to clone that field ,else there is no other option????????

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

you need not to import qualified table first and then data in main table in your scenario ,follow the below steps:

In Import Manager:

1) Select the main table in the source field

2)In the destination fields ,Map the no qualifiers then select the no qualifier and right click u will find options : select Set Qualified Update ,in that select select Update .

3)In that tab u will find a pop up window "Set Matching Qualifiers " in that select the Yes qualifiers u want from the list given.

4)In above tab if u are importing for the first time select "Create " and "Update all mapped qualifiers".

5) After mapping all no qualifiers and selecting "Update" map the other fields and then import the data .

In data manager u can select ur main table and see that data is populated .

Hope u find this useful

Regards

Ankit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

steps to be followed for importing qualified table in MDM:

1.First check what are the display fields for the Qualified table in question.

2.Check if all the Display Fields of the concerned Qualified table are mapped. Select the Qualified Table on the Destination side it will show you the Non-qualified fields, map both the fields as well as the values.

3.Check if Value mapping was performed for all the display fields which require field mapping. GO in import status tab if ready to import then execute the import.

4.select the main tables in both destination and source.Right click on the Source fields and create the Compound field for the data if required.

5.Then map the Compound field to the Qualified Field.

6.Do the Auto mapping for the compound field.

7.Go to the import Status tab, you should not get the error now.

this shud work, award points if found suitable.

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

I also had the same problem regarding the qualified tables, the following thread which i posted explains the detail working of qualified table, you can first work with a simple example and then try your hands on with your actual data.

Hope this solves your problem.

Reward points idf found helpful..............

Prasad.....................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

First open the import manager and select the Qualified table and map the non Qualified fields and import them.

Then again select the Main or Master table and map the non qualified once again and map the Qualified fields and then create a compound field on Qualified field and then import this mapping.

You will get the data along with the qualified table and fields.

Regards Tejas..............

Edited by: Tejas Bane on Jan 25, 2008 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

There are basically Two steps for importing the Qualified and non-qualified Values.

1)Select the Qualified Table on the Destination side it will show you the Non-qualified fields map those first, if there is no such field in the source side create it with any null value.

Once this has been done import that map only with non-qualified value.

2)create the new map, Select the main table on the destination side and map all the qualified and non-qualified value and import those but while importing this all the qualified and non qualified values should map with the qualified__nonqualified_fieldname<Qualified_Tablename>respectively

Hope dis helps you.

If any doubt feel free to ask.

Reward points if found useful.

Swapnil...