cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked bar chart to show vertically

0 Kudos

I want to show stacked bar chart vertically.

Requirement is

Mat1 - WIP Qty 14, Inv 20, Finished 22

Mat2 - WIP Qty 16, Inv 10, Finished 18

We want to display chart where Material will be displayed on Y-axis and diffrent Qty will be shown as one bar for each material stacked like stacked bar starting from left to right.

We did this using stacked bar but in that case the material will be displayed on X-axis and bar is showing from bottom to top. Is there any way we can rotate this chart by 90 degree?

Nilesh Modi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I do not believe that there is an out-of-the-box feature that would suffice your needs.

However, the work-around is relatively simple, although it needs a bit of coding.

If you are sourcing the image directly, the image could be refreshed using Javascript settimeout function. If you are sourcing the location of the image from an iCommand, you could use the update event of the applet.

Besides ... if everything was too easy, there would be no need for you and I

Cheers,

Jai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way might be to use modified version of the XSLT and/or BLS that is used to generate a Gantt chart (we've done this for downtime analysis, for example). Pretty straightforward generation of image tags with some absolute positioning styles and sizing. See if Jeremy or one of his guys still has it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I know what you mean.

If you know your scale and intervals, you may be able to position HTML DIV tags in the right locations for one or both axes. You may need to dynamically change the content (label value) in these Divs. You would remove the axes labels from the xMII object.

This solution lacks design-time elegance but may suffice your project needs.

Cheers,

Jai.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't think this will work out as we need to refresh page and your suggetion may need more coding. Is there any idea that we can do some setting on chart. Or may be we will select diffrent chart type/custom chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

One quick suggestion is to output the normal stacked bar chart as an image and use CSS or JavaScript to rotate the image.

If you need dynamic capabilities of the xMII applets, this approach would be inadequate.

Cheers,

Jai.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If we rotate using css and Javascript then labels on both axis also rotate which will not look good. It will look like rotated.

Nilesh