cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model and Metadata in JCO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having dout regarding Modeldata and Metadata.For example i am having 2 function modules.Is it that the name given to the fields " Default logical name for model instances " and

"Default logical name for metadata instances " should be same for both the function modules as WD_BAPI_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_BAPI_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST so that JCO connection created for the above 2 names can be used for all the function modules

Regards

Padma N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

Yes you can use the same JCO Connections for all the Function Modules

Note: All the Module's

Modeldata Name : WD_BAPI_MODELDATA_DEST

MetaData : WD_BAPI_RFC_MODELDATA_DEST

should be same

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

For example i want to work with 5 function modules in my application.So while creating model i used model data and metadata as

and i selcted all the 5 function modules and i clicked finish.

If i delpoy the application now and tried to create JCO connection the above 2 names are visible with red button besides them.

If i create JCO connection for the above model and metaData instances will the 5 function modules will work fine or not

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma

YES , you can use the same JCO Meta/Model Data names in all your 5 models,

Create 2 JCO Connections with

It will surely work

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Padma,

The red button indicates ur JCo is not working . check the details provided in JCo & check the connection.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

While you configure your JCO destinations you have an option to test the destinations. If the test is successful then you can use is successfully for the all the function modules.

Regards,

Murtuza