cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ABAP and Java version of SAP Netweaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to SAP system, just want to ask simple question, I've a enterprise Java System previously deployed to an open source J2EE Application System (JBoss) and currently I want to deploy this enterprise Java System to SAP Netweaver. I've SAP Netweaver 7 ABAP Trial version installer, I haven't installed this program on my PC because I'm not sure that my enterprise Java System can be deployed on SAP Netweaver ABAP version. I know that there's SAP Netweaver 7 Java Trial version, but my bandwidth is not enough to download all pieces of the installer files. All I've got right now is the installer of SAP Netweaver ABAP version. Just wondering that if I've installed the SAP Netweaver ABAP version, can I deploy my enterprise Java System? or Should I download the Java version of SAP Netweaver? Does any one have references / information on the difference between ABAP and Java version of SAP Netweaver?

Kindly need your guides on this.

Thanks,

Kadek Wisnu Arsadhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kadek,

You will find several documents on internet (help.sap.com) that explains the SAP netweaver installation. In netweaver installation, you have the option to choose either ABAP+JAVA, ABAP only or JAVA only stacks.

To support Java application, you need to have Netweaver Java stack installed. ABAP only install can only support standard SAP ABAP system.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Cheers,

Nisch

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kadek,

SAP Netweaver 7 ABAP Trial version you cannot deploy the Java application for that you need JAVA version. Install SAP Netweaver 04s(EP 7), includes both the ABAP and Java stacks.

ABAP stack in WAS server is nothing but your SAP R/3 System. But now SAP has combined both JAVA and ABAP stack into one. So, if anyone wants to work on both the things better to install WAS 6.40 with ABAP+JAVA stack. Single server will satisfy your whole requirement.

Checkout our expert discussion: [Java vs. ABAP|;

[NW04 vs NW04s|/thread/100897 [original link is broken]; [What is NW04 s?|;

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Many thanks for your info. Then I'll try to get the installer of SAP Netweaver Java trial version.

Thanks & Regards,

Kadek Wisnu Arsadhi