Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical upgrade to ERP2005 6.0 and CRM2007 with CUA on 640?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the planning stages of a technical upgrade to ERP2005 6.0 and CRM2007. Our CUA system is not being considered for this upgrade; it's currently at kernel release 640, patch level 80, ABAP load 1521, CUA load 15.

I've searched all over for recommendations, and all I've found is this from the SAP Help pages: "Use the most up-to-date system in your system landscape as your central system (if possible with a release status of 4.6C or higher). In this way, the newest functions in CUA are available to you." In Frank's NetWeaver Identity Management 7.0 Technical Overview Presentation, he states "IdM will replace the CUA in the long run, however, SAP will continue to support CUA in its current functionality according to SAP maintenance rules."

Will we have a problem if our CUA system is at a lower release than the rest of our systems?

thanks,

Mary-Anne

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

possibly not. still i would test the scenario on a sandbox system which is already on ERP 6.0 and another one with CRM2007 on it. you could for that purpose simply add them to your ALE-scenario (BD64). after such a test you can be sure whether everything is still o.k.

that recommendation from SAP makes sense though: distributing from a system which is running on the latest software is preferable, since you would have a source which is likely to be more 'reliable' than the target.

why don't you upgrade your CUA central? what are the reasons for this?

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

as in 6.40 and 7.00 the same API is used, there is technically no problem running your CUA from the 640-CUA-master. It is a good idea, to keep your CUA-master system on actual basis support package level.

But what you should keep in mind: from release 7.00 on, longer passwords and also case sensitive passwords are possible. You will not be able to assign such 'new' passwords to users for your 7.00 systems, only passwords of the old pattern (8 characters, only uppercase).

hope, this helps. rgds, Bernhard