cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just new to XI (6 months) and have been asked to connect 2 XI systems together over the internet without using SOAP and/or XI specific protocols. Decided HTTP might be able to do the trick since SSL will also be used. My scenario is as follows :

File Adapter-1 -> XI-1 -> HTTP Adapter-1 -

> HTTP Adapter-2 -> XI-2 -> File Adapter-2

HTTP Adapter-1 is a receiver adapter on XI-1.

HTTP Adapter-2 is a sender adapter on XI-2.

I would also create identical service, namespace, interface on both XI systems so that I could distinguish between different message types.

Is this feasible to connect 2 XI systems or is there a better way ?

If you propose an alternative, please include links to the appropriate documentation.

We are running XI 3.0, NetWeaver 4, service pack 17.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your below scenario is feasible with XI.

File Adapter-1 -> XI-1 -> HTTP Adapter-1 -

> HTTP Adapter-2 -> XI-2 -> File Adapter-2

In a B2B scenario, each party has its own XI Systems with XI1 & XI2. In this case, both XI systems have to set up their HTTP Adapters for B2B communication.

If you are setting up a scenario where the XI1 is using SAP XI and the another party is using SAP PCK, then you only have to set up the XI1 systems. On the other hand, if the XI2 is using SAP XI and the first party is using SAP PCK, then you will only have to set up the XI2 systems.

In above senario you need to configure both XI systems with HTTP Adapters.

One more thing as you had said about SSL layer,

Plesae refer below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

this will help you.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

please have a look at the below thread

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

Thanx

Aamir