cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping only J2EE engine from MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a ABAP+Java stack 2004s instance. Can you please advice me how I can stop only the J2EE engine from the MMC.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The instance '01' is not j2ee. That is actually the SCS01 instance which is the standalone message and enqueue server for the j2ee components. Do not stop the '01' instance while j2ee is running.

In SAPMMC of a 700 dual stack you can only stop/restart the individual elements (SDM, server#, dispatcher) of J2EE. There is no mechanism for a complete restart of j2ee (without stopping R/3). Please keep in mind that if you restart the individual elements in SAPMMC the bootstrap synchronization will not occur (synchronization with with DB). This means that if you make any changes to the J2EE core components the changes will not be realized in the system until a full restart is done.

Here are the ways to stop the j2ee stack independently of R/3:

- JCMON: Use JCMON tool (jcmon pf=<instance profile>) and navigate through the menu to the shutdown option.

- R/3 SMICM: Go to transaction SMICM in the R/3 stack and navigate to Administration-> J2EE Instance (Local)->

Send Soft Shutdown-> Without Restart

- SAPMMC: In sapmmc navigate to '<hostname> 0'-> J2EE Process Table-> Select each of the J2EE nodes by right clicking-> Disable process

Note: The sapmmc option does not stop the jcontrol process (parent process of the j2ee components) and therefore the bootstrap synchronization will not occur when you select "Enable process" to restart.

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by: Nathan Swenson on Jan 24, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To stop only Java the best thing is :

SMICM ->Administration -> J2EE(Cluster)global ->Send hard shutdown -> without restart

To start the java again:

SMICM ->Administration -> J2EE(Cluster)global ->Send hard shutdown -> with restart

Best Regards

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I recommend you the following url:

SAP Netweaver J2EE Preview: Basic Administration Tasks

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/120c5c0d-0d01-0010-60b1-fb3f00ac...

Please, reward points.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Usually when the ABAP instance is marked as 00 the java instance is marked as 01... so from the mmc stop the instance marked and 01 and that should do

Regards

Juan