cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Instruction determination procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the system determine Packing instruction determination procedure. For example Output procedeure in Sales order is determined based upon its assignment to Sales document type. Pricing procedure is determined based upon its assignment to corresponding Sales Area, Doc. pricing procedure and Cust. pricing procedure. How does Packing Instructions Procedure and packing instructions in general work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You define a packing instruction that refers to specific characteristics, such as material and ship-to party. If you now want to pack this specific material for this specific ship-to party, the system can find the pre-defined packing instruction and use it to create one or more HU proposals that exactly fit the requirements of the customer. Packing instruction determination thus automates the packing process.

The system starts packing instruction determination when you enter a quanitity of a material to be packed and choose Pack automatically

Prerequisites:

You have created a packing instruction for packing with packing instructions.

You have made the settings for packing instruction determination in Customizing.

Customizing for packing instruction determination is preset in the standard system. However, you can extend the settings in the customer name range. You need the following for packing instruction determination:

- condition table

- access sequence

- determination type

- determination procedure.

You have also defined determination records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customizing for packing instruction determination is preset in the standard system.

Can you explain that statement in more detail. For example we have packing instruction determination procedure Z00001 in our system. I want to know how the system triggers this determination procedure. I dont know where this procedure is assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customizing for packing instruction determination is preset in the standard system.

Can you explain this statement in more detail. For example we have packing instruction determination procedure Z00001 in our system. I want to know how the system triggers this determination procedure. I dont know where this procedure is assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check trans:

VLPP packing control

VPBD packing reqs