cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart change by approver is not updating in approval preview screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SRM 4.0 in ECS and have been noticing a problem with the approval preview on the shopping cart when the shopping cart is changed or rejected by one of the added approvers.

The shopping cart was created with multiple line items for materials and when the shopping cart was ordered it workflowed to the 1st approver that was added. He noticed that a price was wrong on one of the line items of the shopping and proceeded to change it and then approved the SC. The approval preview screen in the SC shows that it was approved but the preview does not show that it was forwarded to the next approver listed on the preview screen. However checking in the backend I'm showing the SC sitting in the inbox of the next approver stating: Your shopping cart 'MD D&C LL1 dvf Vetco-Subsea Wellhead Eq' was changed/rejected in part. Please check.

Why isn't the approval preview updating when the SC is rejected or changed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

This behaviour of the system is as follows , when the first approvers makes the changes and then approves the cart , it will go to the requestor of the shopping cart , and wether the workflow should restart --->

depends on the security level of the approver who is changing the cart -->

you can find the security level of the approver --> in the transaction SU01 ---> persononalization tab ---> key bbp_wfl_security

and the text you have mentioned --->

Your shopping cart 'MD D&C LL1 dvf Vetco-Subsea Wellhead Eq' was changed/rejected in part

this is for the requestor of the cart ---> this is mail which specifies that the first approver has partially approved the cart.

0 Kudos

Please advice.

We have similar issue.

REQUESTER1 creates SC and if the APPROVER1 changes Price, the cart is sent back to the REQUESTER1.

How do we prevent this from happening.?

Recently we did a service pack upgrade and since then we are seeing this new issue.

Earlier the if APPROVER1 makes changes to the Cart then the cart will continue on to the next approver APPROVER2 etc.

in SU01

REQUESTER1 has in the personalization tab for BBP_WFL_SECURITY = MEDIUM

APPROVER1 has in the personalization tab for BBP_WFL_SECURITY = HIGH

We also have BADI: BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI that was acitve, not sure if this needs to be de-activated

thanking you all in advance for any help.

rgds

Vinod

0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue by applying OSS note: 1566362.

My fault that I had started the whole thread in the wrong way.

It is normal for SRM to send the cart back to requester if approver (Security level = Medium) makes changes to SC during approval.

The true issue was that the Accept Change Button was not active anymore for the Requester to accept the changes, and this was due to SRM upgrade patch SP14.

As part of SP14 the OSS note 1022237 got implemented causing the issue.

Solution was to implement OSS note: 1566362.