cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui 6.40 BeX Analyser problem (Run Time Error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Really need some help

We get the following error in EXCEL 2003 when running transaction rrmx from SAP easy access:

Run time error 91 Object variable or with block variable not set

When debugging we get the following error message:

call pAddin.SetConnectionFromHandle(p_connectionObj).

We've rolled out the same package globally to all our users, some machines have this problem and some don't - which has been making this very difficult to resolve and troubleshoot.

We've tried patch level 29 of the GUI and this did not resolve.

I've read lots of threads relating to the .net framework and made sure all the service packs are installed, and also tried .net framework 2.0 and 3.0 - the problem still existed with both.

I'm really stuck and appreciate any guidance.

If we manually launch Analyzer (SAP BW 3.x) from the start menu, EXCEL and the BW add-in works fine... we only get the run time error when using transaction rrmx from SAP GUI.

Please help!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had this problem with BEx appearing occasionaly on user machines. Nothing that I could find as a solution proposal helped, so I finally resorted to a brutal solution of uninstalling everything - GUI, .NET Frameworks and complete Office, and then installing them in the folllowing order - .NET Framework, Office, SAP GUI. This solves the problem, although it is a very non-elegant solution.

Maybe this thread will be helpful :

[/message/2231714#2231714 [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply. I will try what you've suggested and let you know if it worked.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so I've done the following - which DID work and i no longer get the RUN TIME error:

-uninstalled SAPGUI

-uninstalled Office 2003

-uninstalled all .net framework versions + updates.

-install .net framework 2.0 with SP1

-install microsoft office 2003 + SP3

install sap gui 6.40 + patch level 29

However, if anyone out there has got an easier and quicker solution to this problem I'd REALLY appreciate it. I have got lots of our users with this problem and it took a long time to complete all the steps above.. there must be something easier to do to fix this...

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try just repairing Office. Usually works for us...

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John, I tried the detect/repair option from within office, and also tried removing office completely and re-installing but it didnt work. Seems that the steps i mentioned above only seem to work for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only other cause of this problem I've seen has been due to custom .Net Security settings (which we use). SAP does not sign their BW & BI assemblies for some strange reason. Resetting the security settings to the default or granting full trust to the BW folder fixes that problem. We use Caspol.exe to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John thanks again for the tip regarding the caspol utility, however this hasnt helped. The only solution so far seems to be to complete the un-installation and re-installation as mentioned above.

Is not nice but if it works....

Edited by: Mike Ellis on Feb 13, 2008 3:52 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to let you know, I had a similar issue in my 730 version, and in the end I had to uninstall SAPGui and SAPBusiness Explorer, and reinstalling it, that solved my problem.

Just to confirm your post.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

You just go the Microsoft excel than to tool and macro then to security and keep the setting as medium..

I guess that should resolve your issue..

thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the Excel security makes no difference.