cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.1 ..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

NW is a composition of different components. As i understand with NW7.0, all the components are streamlined to a single number 7.0

With NW7.1, only few components have been released for General availability (GA). like PI7.1, CE7.1 , MI7.1

Questions:

1) When will other components be GA..??? like EP 7.1? BI7.1 .

2) Does someone have a Product Availability Matrix of NW 7.1??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below NW components have 7.1 version.. also WebAS for these is 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Composition Enviornment 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

0 Kudos

One question...I have portal netweaver 7 and I would like to have Netweaver CE 7.1, Mobile 7.1, so what would I need in terms of license and costs in general?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can get individual license for CE and MOB 7.1.If you are using Portal 7 its not going to be a problem i guess.because all NetWeaver components independent.

Licensing cost its depends on server ,i think contact SAP Sales team.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Siva;

Here is a recently posted article on this topic...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e00d4c57-dcad-2a10-25a7-fbc5b23a...

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Its MDM SP06 is coming probably in last week of this month or early in Feb.

and SAP is planning for other EP components in fist quarter of this year.

I dont think we have a general product availability matrix, even on search.sap.com.

Pls rewards if helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Are you suret that PI 7.1 has been released for GA ? As far i know the PI 7.1 just starting for ramp-up period last december 2007.

Could you give where i can get information regarding PI 7.1 has been released for GA ?

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to answer your queries,

Please let me know if this helps you,

1) When will other components be GA..??? like EP 7.1? BI7.1 .

--> SAP NetWeaver 7.1 is the latest release of SAP NetWeaver, powering the new SAP Business ByDesign solution and providing technology innovations essential for the enterprise SOA approach.

SAP Business Suite customers can benefit from these innovations by deploying them side-by-side to their applications into the landscape. Some of the new capabilities are provided prior to the availability of the main release to allow quick adoption.

This might be the reason that the components like PI 7.1 ,CE 7.1 etc have launched intially for General availability .

2) Does someone have a Product Availability Matrix of NW 7.1??

SAP also have provided couple of Service Packs that used to be updated for other components.

The released for other components is might be on its way...There is road map defined by SAP (see on SAP.com) which gives you the eye-sight towards the comming changes . i.e E-SOA.

It completely depends on how the Netweaver components will help to servie the business in more better way.

On SAP.COM you can look for upcoming events, that will help to give idea about further inline releases also.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 24, 2008 8:17 PM