cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Netweaver 7.1..???

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW is a composition of different components. As i understand with NW7.0, all the components are streamlined to a single number 7.0

With NW7.1, only few components have been released for General availability (GA). When will other components be GA..??? like EP 7.1? BI7.1 .

Question:

Does someone have a Product Availability Matrix of NW 7.1??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have found the following information, while i was searching for PAM. Hope this will be useful for you.

The Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (SAP NW CE) bundles technical and release planning information on SAP NW CE for quick reference. The PAM describes on which platforms SAP NW CE may be applied, which browser technology is supported and other technical information that is needed to run SAP NW CE.05 Apr 2007

Refer to this pdf as this might be helpful.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e4fc85-10c9-2910-bcb9-c11255a0...

Please reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Mrudula

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

SAP NetWeaver 7.1 is the next main release of SAP NetWeaver after SAP NetWeaver 7.0. It is currently scheduled for release towards the end of 2008.

As there is a long time between main releases (typically 18-24 months), SAP chose to release some of the new capabilities based on the new technology in advance. Kind of like some early Christmas presents for early adopter who can't wait

These advance releases include SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1, SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, etc. All of these will be included in the main SAP NetWeaver 7.1 when it is shipped (with the latest release of capabilities like BI, Portal, etc that were not shipped in advance).

With regard to the PAM for the SAP NetWeaver 7.1 main release. It has not been released yet as ramp-up has started - the official release usually coincides with ramp-up. I would say that it is a good assumption to use the advance 7.1 releases as a guide to what will be included (i.e. SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1, SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1, etc).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike.