Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

while installing pi7.0

It is asking for solution manager key, so entered the key, but it is showing the following error, can anyone solve my problem.

"The Solution Manager key '1AC7C06E96' is not valid. Enter the correct key for host 'mcityserv4', the SAP system ID 'PI7' and the central instance number '00'. "

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hit view and post the contents of the log here so we can see.

Thanks,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you created the wrong key in solution manager.

When you are in solution manager and creating the key in SMSY, make sure you choose the correct installation number. I blieve you have to use your netweaver key and not your ERP key or solution manager key.

Try to recreate it.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here the following error occcuring for me, After entering the key

" The Solution Manager key '1AC7C06E96' is not valid. Enter the correct key for host 'mcityserv4', the SAP system ID 'PI7' and the central instance number '00'. "

Reply me how to solve it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu,

You have to create your key from solution manager. Go to solution manager and go to transacation SMSY and open systems and create a new PI system using Shift + F5 or Other object from the menu. Once you create select the Instances you are trying to install and save. Once you saved then once again go to select other object window and give CtrlShiftF10 or Generate Installation or Upgrade Key. Now one thing here important is give your XI SID, Instance and also your application server name. Manually you have to give the application server name then you have to create else it would not create.

So either your application server name is wrong or your machine name is wrong. Check those two and recreate and give a shot.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Finally I got key and which was accepted by it, started processing but later I got an error in a messge box as below.

" An error occurred while processing service SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 2 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System Installation. You may now

press Retry to repeat the current step.

press the View Log button to get more information about the error.

stop the task and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS.

retry view log stop.

how to solve this error