cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP J2EE Clustering Question(How to deactivate Java application)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I'm developing a 3rd party adapter for SAP XI 2004(s). Our adapter (Sender part) supports the multi-clustering features of the SAP J2EE engine. It means that our adapter can run on several SAP Java instances simultanously. The adapter can coordinate with each other to avoid accessing the 3rd party system at the same time, so that the data from 3dr party system will never be duplicated in the SAP XI system.

But the multi-clustering feature of the SAP J2EE engine has also a negativ side. Each Java instance executes the source code and waites separately the polling time. So the 3rd party system will be overloaded.

My question is, could I use some administrative method to tell the SAP J2EE engine, that this adapter should only be activated/executed on only one Java instance? Or maybe on the deployment phase, could I tell the SDM, that this adapter should only be deployed on one J2EE instance?

Thanks a lot in advance for any helpful information.

with best regards

Xiang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many Java nodes do you have? Can I ask you why you want to have it run on a single Java node rather than shared across all?

With the Java nodes. One of them becomes a master of sort and distributes the work to the others. Exactly how that works I'm not sure but If you shutdown your adapter on the master that might cause an issue. If you have a chance and can afford to take an outage, try to shutodwn all the Java nodes and start up one at at a time. Leave the first one up with your adapter and shutdown the ones that follow. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

thank you very much for your reply.

we have two Java nodes on the development system and three java nodes on the productive system. Because the polling time of the adapter will be calculated separately by each java node, there will be a heavy system load for the 3rd party system.

e.g. The XI developer defined 120 seconds as polling time for the adapter. The adapter will be executed on two java nodes at the same time. Because of the global locking function, which we built into the adapter, only one java node (node 0) can get a global lock and access the 3rd party system. The other java node (node 1) must wait 120 seconds from now. The processing time of the node 0 may be 100 seconds. After that, the node 0 go to wait status. After 20 seconds, the node 1 starts itself to access the 3rd party system. So the 3rd party system will be loaded heavily.

Actually, there is no master java nodes in SAP system. All nodes are peer nodes. There is a central service, which can be used by all of the nodes.

I will try your suggestion on the machine in this (maybe next) week.

Thanks a lot

Xiang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im not sure if this helps, but...

If you go to deploy service of Visual Admin, select your application and hit on remove. It will ask if you want to remove the app from 1 or all server nodes.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

appreciate for your reply.

I will try your suggestion on our machine. I've tried last week in the Visual Admin to stop ("Stop Application") the adapter. I could select the server (node), on which the adapter should be stopped. But after the action, the adapter stopped entirely. I mean, the adapter stopped on both server nodes.

thanks a lot and regards

Xiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to deactivate the adapter on all but one of the J2EE instances in the visual adminstartor?

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

thanks a lot for your hint. I've tried on the XI system.

In the Visual Admin, I could de-activate the adapter by pressing "Stop Application" under path "Server 0 2_653** -- > Deployed -- > Application" on a special server node, e.g. Server node 0.

But the adapter does not work any more on the other server node, e.g Server node 1. No messages could be processed.

Could you give me any more help or ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance and wish you a nice weekend.

Xiang