Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disappear transaction tab from PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question for experts, I have search all the Thread but I couldn't find the answers for this question.

1) How to appear or disappear the transaction tab in PFCG when we create roles we add transactions through menu tab, but I have notice when I was working on existing derived roles I don't see the add transaction tab as well as other tab inside of menu tab, which means I can't add any trans in this derived role through menu but I can't add it manually. Please advise me if there is any setting but I don't think there is anything to do with setting because when I open it up the master role, I can see the Trans tab.

I know it is not a good practice to add transaction through derived role we always push through the master role, but I'm just making sure that it is disappear by default because we shouldn't add transaction through derived role or there is some kind of setting to make it disappear.

Thanks

Faisal

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what I've just tried:

Create a derived role, save it and observe the menu screen in PFCG

The I deleted the inheritance relationship and had another look at the menu screen.

Conclusion: the menutab on derived roles does not show any buttons to manipulate items such as transactions.

Looks like SAP standard and is probabely documented. Why question it?

Oh, the 'setting' that triggers this screen behavour is a valid entry in AGR_DEFINE->PARENT_AGR

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Jan 24, 2008 5:51 PM

0 Kudos

I agree that this likely SAP standard as you should maintain the transaction tab on the Master Role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is working as designed by SAP. Allowing the addition of tcode through the menu to a child / derive roles would make the parent and child out of sync.

If you really want to add tcode to the child role, you can delete the inheritance in the child role and the menu tab will appear. However, you will not be able to re-associate the child to the parent as the derive role becomes totally independent.

Another option is manually insert obj. S_TCODE and add the tcode there but this is also not recommended.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys, I wanted to make sure and try to find out if there is some kind of setting to disapear trans tab, that would be really good if it is in our hand. Anyway thanks for reply

0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

I am not sure whether this helps you further, but I did notice something which might be of interest - so I will put it in the discussion to see whether anyone can make better sense of it than me:

- When you enter PFCG, you can select display mode => in this case the transactions tab is invisible.

- If the role is a derived "child" role, the transaction tab is invisible, even if you selected change mode at the initial selection screen of PFCG.

- If the user is authorized to enter the role in display mode, and only select change mode on the authorizations tab, then another check kicks in to determine whether S_TCODE can be maintained or not.

=> I tracked it down to AGR_FLAGS if the role type is 'CUSTOMIZE'. In this case, object S_TCODE cannot be maintained in change mode.

So... what is required to "flag" a role as 'CUSTOMIZE' and restrict the access to change mode in PFCG to the authorizations tab?

I do not know the answer, but if SAP coded it that way, then I would think that there is a reason.

Cheers,

Julius