cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation (company code in basic data tab + in assignment tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any one could teach me how to make validation in WBS for company code. For example, in basic data tab i put company code FNW, then i put different company code in assignment tab : as a result system will prompt error message. In other words, company code in basic data tab and assignment tab must be same.

Please advice.

Nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my earlier posting, the text got a little bit distorted. For clarity I will bring out as below:

Once you use the substitution push button, in the new window, use the + sign push button. There you select PRPS-ABUKR as the field to be substituted. In the next window that opens, you have the following options: Constant,Exit,Field -Field Assignment. Select "Field-Field Assignment". Now the new "field is substituted by" field appears.Click the radio button and select PRPS-PBUKR and save the substitution

Now assign the substitution to project profile.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

How can we assign the subtitution to project profile ?

Many thanks in advance.

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OPSA-Project Profile and maintain this substitution in the control tab in the field WBS elements. Better check the Auto substitution as this helps in automatically calling the substitution when you try to save the project.

Regards

Sreenivas

This was already mentioned in earlier posts. Please read the replies carefully!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assigning project profile ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The substitution shall be as below:

Field is substituted by

Req,Co.Code PRPS-PBUKR

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sreenivas is definitely right if the case is as he described. That is, if the user enters a requesting cost centre which doesn't belong to the company code substituted.

If that is not the actual scenario, one can go ahead with substitution for which Sreenivas has already given basic steps.

Nies has to take a call assessing the practical situation.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nies,

This is a fit case or substitution. With substitution, you enter the company code only once (may be in basic tab), and the assignment field is substituted with this company code.

If you have any further logic to determine the company code, you can even default that value in both the field also using substitution.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali

I too thought so but the problem with substitution here is:

If the user enters Requesting cost centre (which belongs to a different company code) system will try to default this into Requesting company code associated with this Cost Centre first. And while saving the WBS it might again give an error saying that the Requesting Cost Centre is not available in the substituted company code.

Hope I'm right!

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Appreciate for your feedback. Could you guide me how to do substitution?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Denis Evitanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would still recommend Validation but let us wait for view's from Muraleedharan.

Substituion can be built as mentioned below

T Code OPSN

Choose WBS Element

Create new Substitution

Create new step

Mention the prerequisite (PRPS-ABUKR equal ' ' i.e., Blank)

Mention the Substitution (PRPS-PBUKR)

Save

Go to OPSA-Project Profile and maintain this substitution in the control tab in the field WBS elements. Better check the Auto substitution as this helps in automatically calling the substitution when you try to save the project.

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

I tried already in our testing system, :

PRPS-ABUKR <> ' ' (for prerequisite)

Field :

Company code is substituted by field PRPS-ABUKR (substitutions)

It only can change 1 wbs, cannot change in whole project. Could you advice

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have the scenario of Requesting Company Codes (used in conjunction with IM) where you try to create an asset for another company code, just hide the fields (requesting cost centre and requesting company code using field selection T code OPUK) so that no user meddles with it.

Validation can be built as mentioned below

T Code OPSI

Choose WBS Element

Create new validation

Create new step

Mention the prerequisite (PRPS-ABUKR not equal ' ' i.e., Blank)

Mention the check (PRPS-ABUKR not equal PRPS-PBUKR)

Mention the message with field message type as 'E'

Save

Go to OPSA-Project Profile and maintain this validation in the control tab in the field WBS elements. Better check the Auto Validation as this helps in automatically calling the validation when you try to save the project.

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied.