Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranges in Cost Center Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a small query regarding Entering Values in ranges.

My Cost center values are entered as ranges.

For instance for my Company code AA i had to enter the cost center values as CV0000-CV99999.[7Digits]

Now due to a change in the naming nomenclature, the organisation has adopted a new naming convention as below.

CV11122233.[10 digits].

Due to this change in their new naming sttructure, do i have to change any thing in the roles. As far as i have checked, a quick check reveals that the roles still give access to these new cost centers as well.

It means the new cost center CV11122233 is still in between the range CV00000-CV99999 which is a bit confusing for me as the range is set only for a 7 digit number. But my new cost center is a 10 digit alphanumeric one..

Plz advise.

Rgds,

Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you run a cost centre line item report and a trace, does it pass the 10 char CC's into the auth check and give the return code = 0 in the trace file?

I would have thought that the cost centre ranges would need to be extended to cover the larger character/number range, but it's possible that the reports you are testing on are using cost centre group to get the auths from? PC/CC is a bit of a murky area!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you run a cost centre line item report and a trace, does it pass the 10 char CC's into the auth check and give the return code = 0 in the trace file?

I would have thought that the cost centre ranges would need to be extended to cover the larger character/number range, but it's possible that the reports you are testing on are using cost centre group to get the auths from? PC/CC is a bit of a murky area!

0 Kudos

Cost Center is a Character Field, so the original range will work, the only value the original range will not covered will be for Cost Center value CV99999001 to CV99999999.

You can plug in the value in Excel and sort it.

Thanks,

Lye

0 Kudos

Hi Lye,

What system are you on?

As I suspected, this does not work as you describe when I try it on ECC6.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Alex,

ECC6 too. I did not try to test if the Auth Check works, I just plug in the value in following sequence in SAP:

CV00000

CV99999

CV11111111

CV22222222

SAP sort it to:

CV00000

CV11111111

CV22222222

CV99999

Which led me to assume the range should works. I used the range for my S-Tcode for the Developer roles, my tricks is to put the wildcard at the end, example: CV00000* - CV99999*, that will cover all the range.

Is your Cost Center value all numeric? Will do a Auth Check test on my system on Monday.

Thanks for the info.

Lye

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Atleast i did not have a wildcard at the end. Its obvious that a wild card will anyways pick up the rest of the digits.

I will try to do a couple of tests and update the results here as well.

An SUIM with the new 10 digit value in the filed value and KOSTL as the field name returns my old roles - suggesting that the new 10 digit values are picked up in the ranges. That made me more confused, as the SUIM report shd not return any roles since i did not update my CC ranges with 10 digits.

Rgds,

Sri