cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encyption of credit card in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario : Customers are ordering against Credit card on the web .Once the customers orders on web it gets cerated in CRM and subsequnly replicated in R/3.

Issue:after getting reautorisation from clearing house ,we deleted credit card information and re - entered it in the order to get re authorised.But system did not encrypt credit card number in the order.

Can you please let me know what could be the reason and solution for resolving this issue.

regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

Goto SPRO>SD>Billing>Payment Cards>Maintain Card Types

You should see all card types you already declared.

Next to description, there is a field called 'Check'.

I think if you assign a module for each card, it'll check card number such as VISA has to start with 45....MASTER has to start with 54...., etc.

According to the help menu, it says:

Payment cards: Function for checking the card

Contains the names of the function used by the system to check card numbers.

Use

You may type in a card number incorrectly or the customer may give you a wrong number. To avoid having to go through a lengthy authorization process with an incorrect number, you enter a function here that the system uses to check the number to make sure that it corresponds to general numbering standards, or the standards of a specific card company.

Procedure

Define and enter one of your own card checking functions in Customizing, or use one of the four contained in the standard system (function group V21A). These are:

CCARD_CHECK_LUHN_MOD_TEN - Runs a general check of the card number, for example, for a valid length and combination of digits. This is the industry standard check.

CCARD_CHECK_MC - Checks MasterCard numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

CCARD_CHECK_VISA - Checks Visa card numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

CCARD_CHECK_AMEX - Checks Amercan Express card numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

if you give me brief i can help you out more.

if helpful REWARD points

Thank you .

Regards

Ramana